Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
you will be based on PC, and next month based on the new rules.

the ebucks stuff gets closed off at the end of the month, but only paid out 10 days later.
I still think it's advisable to only upgrade on the 1st of the month..

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Made a really (and I mean really) quick and dirty scraper for the ebucks store.

If you go this page each file is a product. The folder named "40%" contains what everyone is probably interested in.

If there's interest I might setup email notifications or something.

There are a couple recent 40% off deals at the moment.
Looks good but first product I looked at has wrong product link. Rest of info looked correct:
URL links to headset instead

amo_g_wanderer

Same here. Filled up on fuel this morning and only had the VCC available. Sat there tapping like an idiot and the machine spat out an error that the card wasn't eligible or sumn. Lucky i had my card on me.
I've been battling to load my CC on tap to pay thing, cant find the right setting. Or are FNB forcing us to use the VCC for Tap/Scan to pay?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
But, if you were to upgrade, won't they just factor in your already good rate along with the extra 0.25% off?

And of course, the above scenario only applies when you have a very good rate... Most people upgrade to PC/PW to try to get a better rate.

No. You need to reapply at credit again (submitting all your docs etc). That is what I dont understand, with all the guys upgrading and downgrading, I assume none of them have bonds (as its an admin nightmare to move/change, if you have bonds).

The other factor to remember, your service fees will be the latest pricing. Example, I have bonds and the monthly charge is R5.70. Others on the other hand are R57.50. I think the monthly pricing now is roughly R67.

So anyone with a bond or bonds who upgraded lately, please comment how your bond side of things changed from a normal flexi to a structed facility

hellfire

Honorary Master
You have zero clue what is going behind the scene’s on!

Did you notice recently that guys can upgrade from premier to pc or pw (without any docs to proof).

There’s a big reason for that!
As always, Zerocool knows everything that happens at FNB, and everyone else knows nothing.
Firstly, FNB knows how much you earn based on the salary deposits coming into your account. So they know what account they want their customers to have.
Secondly, since they already know what you earn, they will easily allow upward movement if your profile already fits the correct customer segment.
Thirdly, you have nothing beyond hearsay that "recently guys can upgrade from premier to pc or pw".

hellfire

Honorary Master
You get 0.25% off extra. If someone is on prime less 2%, upgrading mean he will lose that rate, and he need to apply again for the new package. As he cant take that with.

I have bonds at prime less 2%, and very happy.
Rubbish

hellfire

Honorary Master
On premier and lower you get a bond, which is a flexi

On PC and PW, if you upgrade, you get the same thing, with a red bow, a nice name, and its pricier. A structured facility is something you can use, regear when needed and buy multiple properties with the same bond.

So in short, a flexi bond is a structured facility
Rubbish. They're completely different products.
If you apply for a bond, you get a bond, regardless of your card colour.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Care to elaborate? All they really want is our monthly account fee I suppose and the higher we go the more we pay and the more likely it is that we won't maintain level 5 on eBucks...
It's about more than the monthly account fee.
FNB (and obviously any other bank) wants you to take up their other products beyond a transactional account.
Primarily, they want you to take up credit (where most of their money comes from in the form of interest) and savings/investments (where a lot of their funding comes from, using your savings to fund other people's credit).

But as you earn more, your needs change and the bank wants to be in a position to offer you products that are suitable to your earning power. You would theoretically move from simple products like Savings Pockets to more complex investment products like share trading or Channel Island / foreign currency savings accounts.
Or you'd move from simple credit products like personal loans to bonds and structured facilities.

As you move even higher in terms of earning potential, the bank wants you to take advantage of their fiduciary and wealth management offerings, which are pretty bespoke for each customer.

I'm simplifying a lot in my above explanation, but really my point is don't listen to ZC2001

Last edited:

Tinuva

The Magician
I am on PC and had none of this requirements of changing flexi to structured facility. Not sure if this is branding spanking new or someone is talking out of his bottom hole and its going all against the walls. Not cool, not cool.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I am on PC and had none of this requirements of changing flexi to structured facility. Not sure if this is branding spanking new or someone is talking out of his bottom hole and its going all against the walls. Not cool, not cool.

thanks for the comment. I wanted to upgrade to PW (and I had to submit all the docs to change my bonds).

They couldnt beat my current rates (even with the PW perk (as in 0.25%)) off, so I said no thanks then.

hellfire

Honorary Master
The latter. Someone talking out his bottom hole.

marbro

**** alone knows... someone mentioned it might be tomorrow night (no idea why then)

binza

I wish eBucks could add some decent laptops and PC's with i5+ processors and not just celeron laptops costing more than R5k ... sigh

geniass

Looks good but first product I looked at has wrong product link. Rest of info looked correct:
URL links to headset instead
Weird, it must have refreshed since you checked. It's now linking to the right page.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
The latter. Someone talking out his bottom hole.

Let me get some facts! Last year I received structured lending applications, completed it, and their rates sucked.

Let me ask can I upgrade, and leave my bonds untouched! Thats my motto