Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

khatani

Does anyone know of a way to upgrade from Gold to Premier spousal option via the app? I asked them via the chat and they said the sales team will call within three days... last time they told me that, I didnt get a call back

CUZ_458

track my reward showed last month that i reached level 5 . looking at the app now it shows i only reached level 4 but does not give me a breakdown of how. is this common ? also does our levels go up and down at the same date when the ebucks comes in or at the 1st day of each month ?

Moe_G10

Wish, Ali express and a few international online companies do not request authorisation. When you press buy, money is out from saved cc immediately.
No app authorisation necessary.

I had a R4k purchase on my cc from Wish years ago. Learnt my lesson on both cc fraud and Wish.com. Luckily fnb assisted to reverse transaction.
The amount of people buying from these sites are minimal. This fix just to help those people just complicates everything. I'd be happy if it was easier to use. But going to look at your cvv all the time is annoying, I already know my cc details by heart.

khatani

track my reward showed last month that i reached level 5 . looking at the app now it shows i only reached level 4 but does not give me a breakdown of how. is this common ? also does our levels go up and down at the same date when the ebucks comes in or at the 1st day of each month ?
Completely normal phenomenon
The way I understand it is on the first, it should reset to baseline, allocating points for long term items, e.g. savings balance and then throughout the month it will keep updating as you do more actions, e.g. tap to pay

donanicky

Does anyone know of a way to upgrade from Gold to Premier spousal option via the app? I asked them via the chat and they said the sales team will call within three days... last time they told me that, I didnt get a call back
There's a call me back option on the web site. They called me 2 hours after I logged it yesterday.

Speedster

Honorary Master
With in contact how are people going to Rob you? How will they be able to log in to your account to authorize? There's no need for this honestly.
Not all payment gateways will require InContact, especially internationally. Case in point - I bought some stuff on amazon last week with no InContact request.

Moe_G10

Not all payment gateways will require InContact, especially internationally. Case in point - I bought some stuff on amazon last week with no InContact request.
Like I said, the percentage of people buying from overseas is really less. And just for that now we're forced to do it this way, at least if it was an easier and smoother process I'd be for it.

Filosofer

I called in a few weeks back and they said they will call my wife to confirm that she wants to go on the spousal option. They still haven't called.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Like I said, the percentage of people buying from overseas is really less. And just for that now we're forced to do it this way, at least if it was an easier and smoother process I'd be for it.
It's not about the people buying overseas, it's about the card details which are scraped and then sold off. VCC makes this virtually impossible.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Question for anyone who has upgraded. I went from Premier to PC during June and have all PC cards now even though app says current account is still premier

Today I tried tap to pay on my phone, and the only cards showing are my premiere CC s which I guess will expire soon or something. I have no option to use my PC CC (don't care about using VCC in physical F2F transactions as I am sorted online for that). When I did try to use the premier card , it errored out at the terminal.

Is there anything I need to do or tips to update the app?