Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

Supercarfan

Will ph them at 8..i had engen non spend of R22 in june which made the fuel to say not qualified.. Two consultants said it would not affect the fuel rewards.. I think this might be the problem
I’m in the same boat, was promised the transaction that was flagged as fuel spend at caltex wouldn’t count. But the system still says I’m not qualified and haven’t received a my double up.

Tman543

I upgraded to Premier on the 1st July and my ebucks allocation is correct, but it is based on Premier, not Gold. This worked because I was level 5 on the old Premier rules by about the 20th June and again on the 6th July.
Same. All is in order. Went better than expected.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Welp, down to level 2,as expected.

Sadly it seems I will get nailed on smart spend. Put 90k on my credit card in the first week of the month, I guess now I won't get the level 5 reward for it.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Welp, down to level 2,as expected.

Sadly it seems I will get nailed on smart spend. Put 90k on my credit card in the first week of the month, I guess now I won't get the level 5 reward for it.
Ouch

Sphinx21

Can any of the smart folks on here start a separate thread on how to maximise earn of Discovery miles now that they have this miles day? It really is the purchasing discount that lends value to a rewards currency.

brucem

You can't earn fuel spend if you are paying for fuel with ebucks card

Sorry I’m not being very clear - I want to earn ebucks, which means I must show them ebucks card when I pay with my premier Cheque card right? Can I also give them my clicks card, or is it one or the other?

donanicky

Sorry I’m not being very clear - I want to earn ebucks, which means I must show them ebucks card when I pay with my premier Cheque card right? Can I also give them my clicks card, or is it one or the other?
I just give the Clicks card, then scan to pay. I don't have an ebucks card.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Put that cheque card away, or even cut it up. Credit or fusion card ONLY.

You do not need to present an ebucks card to earn at Engen

Supercarfan

Just phoned ebucks... Double allocation apparently will only be allocated next week.. Not sure what's going on as you got received yours already
FWIW, I also called in, consultant noted the previous query that I logged and said that it would have to be escalated.

By the sounds of it the double allocation should be in then. Anyone else here that was qualified but didn’t get their double earn yet?