Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022

K T

Is FNB Connect worth it for the eBucks? What is Cell C's coverage like?
I'm on a Telkom FreeMe 1GB, R100 a month for free Telkom calls (my whole family) plus 1GB and separate allocations for Socials data.
So would it make sense to change?

Newb-ucks

Quick question, does your salary have to be paid into your FNB account to qualify for eBucks or do you only require a certain amount to be deposited?

K T

Quick question, does your salary have to be paid into your FNB account to qualify for eBucks or do you only require a certain amount to be deposited?
You need a certain minimum amount of deposits each month to qualify for the different levels of accounts

master4real

I'm on a Telkom FreeMe 1GB, R100 a month for free Telkom calls (my whole family) plus 1GB and separate allocations for Socials data.
CellC network is NOT that reliable. But if this is the only way to get to level 5, you can try it.

Steady

CellC network is NOT that reliable. But if this is the only way to get to level 5, you can try it.
I disagree, unlkess you refer to the FNB version. Have had CellC for years now, very little issues in Cape Town where I move. Depends on where you are, as always.
My family in rural KZN sweared by only MTN is good enough. As all their friends did. Always smirked at that. Never believed Vodacom was that bad there. Now due to Covid they need to cut expenses. CellC is the obvious route, so they tried it without any issue.
But read this too.

Steady

Depends on your usage of all in the family. And what change you have in mind, replacing or additional (e.g. as in second of a dual sim phone).
I think it is unlikely to be worthwhile for a telkom user that use free telkom calls extensively.

mulen

Good day
Will a deposit to an FNB Tax-Free shares or Tax-Free Unit Trust generate points?
There is a line at the bottom where it states Excludes FNB Tax-Free shares and Tax-Free Unit Trust

Attachments

• Tax Free.jpg
    Tax Free.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 64

K T

Is there any drawback in it not being a salary payment as opposed to just deposits?
Don't quote me but I don't think it matters, as long as you have the minimum monthly deposits for that level, averaged of 3 months

airborne

Honorary Master
My FNB SIM runs on MTN which means it's awesome, FNB connect is migrating to MTN.

richieza

Good day
Will a deposit to an FNB Tax-Free shares or Tax-Free Unit Trust generate points?
There is a line at the bottom where it states Excludes FNB Tax-Free shares and Tax-Free Unit Trust
Unknown - on other account types different Ts and Cs
PC & PW - The total monthly and annual contributions must be made within the current tax year, which runs from 1 March 2021 to 28 February 2022. (Only FNB managed Funds recognised for FNB Tax-Free Unit Trusts).

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I disagree, unlkess you refer to the FNB version. Have had CellC for years now, very little issues in Cape Town where I move. Depends on where you are, as always.
My family in rural KZN sweared by only MTN is good enough. As all their friends did. Always smirked at that. Never believed Vodacom was that bad there. Now due to Covid they need to cut expenses. CellC is the obvious route, so they tried it without any issue.
But read this too.
Agreed, it's very much area dependent. I have put my FNB sim into an alcatel feature phone for my old man and the reception is now much clearer and more reliable than his vodacom sim in alcatel phone (vodacom have likely decommissioned 2G equipment in the area). Telkom sim in the same feature phones also wasn't working well in his area any longer (as they roam on vodacom I think).

Blagah

Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions.
Yes, using Virtual Card

Has anyone managed to get Tap to Pay to work? Any virtual card I try , always revert to my physical Fusion card and the Virtual cards are not in the list.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Do at least 2 FNB Pay transactions (Tap to Pay, Scan to Pay or Checkout) or Partner Wallet* transactions.
Yes, using Virtual Card

Has anyone managed to get Tap to Pay to work? Any virtual card I try , always revert to my physical Fusion card and the Virtual cards are not in the list.
Just use scan to pay rather to be safe to get the points. 2x snapscan should do.