Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023

Tman543

I agree. That it gets annoying seeing voucher requests here on this thread since it's the most popular ebucks one.

But hey, you going to get old very quickly if small things like that upset you. So I just ignore and hope others do too. Cause if it's not entertained it will die out eventually.

Keegan8496

So iv never seen this mentioned here before or prior threads, but for 500 easy points just use any feature from the NAV Home, do it once a quarter, you don't need to have a home loan to get the points. So just do a valuation estimate of a random proper once a quarter for the 500 points.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Re giving vouchers to those who ask:-

I know I started questioning some - modern10 (and I think Taheera may be the same person based on their reply in this thread ) who usually not asked for one but 2.

There is a difference between asking and then being greedy. The fact that all of us are here, means we are rather well off compared to someone on the street. Modern10 (aka leechy boy ) asked consistently but never offered. But happy to sell his ebucks at a slight profit and not 1:1. That is greedy. Take but no give. Anyway I blocked him so don't care what he has to offer anymore

If I have vouchers that I won't use personally , i will buy for the local car guard or someone at street corner. Starbucks are being used for this a lot. I like Kauai. The wimpy voucher is the only one I will give to people on this forum since I don't travel a lot of can't be bothered to sit in at a wimpy when travelling.

Simple rule: please use ebucks vouchers thread for requests - will keep this thread cleaner. If link to vouchers thread can be posted in the original post , it would help. I haven't checked if it is there.

Now let's hope we can all stay on Level 5 with new rules.

I personally think the new rules is a win for me , as I will get 1500R of smart spend ebucks on only 40k of spend on CC per month whereas currently I need to use 50k of spend a month to get same amount. So I will remain on PC for another year.

3WA

Honorary Master
I know I started questioning some - modern10 (and I think Taheera may be the same person based on their reply in this thread ) who usually not asked for one but 2.
Sincerely doubt that. Taheera gives back as well: e.g. she's sold eBucks at below face value, and doesn't ask for vouchers every single month.

Never seen modern give anything back, which is why I'm okay with taking shots at him.

35000 ebucks for sale. R3250. PM me
EDIT: sold to mr_norris. quick sale, no fuss, thanks man

50 000 EBUCKS FOR SALE R4500, fastest fingers first.
EDIT: sold to beefymoocow, kadz.
one batch left 50 000 = R4500
EDIT: sold to nuki the legend.
all 3 excellent buyers, thanks, guys.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am Groot

Re giving vouchers to those who ask:-

There is a difference between asking and then being greedy. The fact that all of us are here, means we are rather well off compared to someone on the street. Modern10 (aka leechy boy ) asked consistently but never offered. But happy to sell his ebucks at a slight profit and not 1:1. That is greedy. Take but no give. Anyway I blocked him so don't care what he has to offer anymore

If I have vouchers that I won't use personally , i will buy for the local car guard or someone at street corner. Starbucks are being used for this a lot. I like Kauai. The wimpy voucher is the only one I will give to people on this forum since I don't travel a lot of can't be bothered to sit in at a wimpy when travelling.

Simple rule: please use ebucks vouchers thread for requests - will keep this thread cleaner. If link to vouchers thread can be posted in the original post , it would help. I haven't checked if it is there.

Now let's hope we can all stay on Level 5 with new rules.

I personally think the new rules is a win for me , as I will get 1500R of smart spend ebucks on only 40k of spend on CC per month whereas currently I need to use 50k of spend a month to get same amount. So I will remain on PC for another year.
I am 100% ok to concede/agree the question could have been asked on a different thread.

I will never concede that people can call others leaches without knowing there background or circumstances, it takes a special type of entitled Karen/Ken to do that. (yes I understand the hypocrisy of that comment)

To be premier member you need to earn R20 000pm, dont get me wrong but slightly well off is an overreach. Puts me right next to the man on the street after 1 tank of petrol and buying electricity.

The fact that more people are calling out the person that asked a simple question (in the wrong place) vs the person that feels its OK to refer to someone as a leach speaks volumes of the problems we face in the world.

Nonetheless, my sincere apologies for my part in derailing the thread with my rant. I will refrain from commenting further on this topic.

P. S. thanks for the ignore/block tip. Hopefully the Karens/Kens will use it too instead of feeling they privileged enough to dish out insults to whomever they choose.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Sincerely doubt that. Taheera gives back as well: e.g. she's sold eBucks at below face value, and doesn't ask for vouchers every single month.

Never seen modern give anything back, which is why I'm okay with taking shots at him.
Thanks @3WA. Never saw her posts before, but her response was very similar to the one Modern10 gave me once hence I thought it was a new nick.

For: I am Groot ... understand and hence don't mind giving, but you have to agree that R20K a month is still way better than R4K a month that my domestic earns for 3 days work a week. The only reason I never give them to her is it will mess up the whole employer/employee thing and set an expectation.

We need to start a thread where the domestics can tell us how the heck they can make a small amount of money seem to go soooo far ..

modern10

Expert Member
Now let me really grate 3WA, calypso and sissie Ted Lasso. I'm gonna sell these ebucks for 12c.
0a3a3437d7af4fcb3f764941e2629ced.jpg

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Now let me really grate 3WA, calypso and sissie Ted Lasso. I'm gonna sell these ebucks for 12c.
0a3a3437d7af4fcb3f764941e2629ced.jpg

I'll give you 12c for them. In fact, I'll round it up to 20c because I don;t know if you get 2c coins anymore.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Busy saving my Ebucks to buy a Logitech Steering Wheel on Takealot, only way I can justify spending 6K.
For me, this is the entire point of ebucks. The second is to be patient.

First, make enough to cover the banking fees for the month. If I do that, it's worthwhile.

Second, save them up to buy stuff you normally wouldn't buy but covet.

In 2016/2018, with all the partners ( 40% Makro/dischem/checkers vouchers) , really maximised filling out my new house. It was brilliant.

Nowadays, a bit harder, but still winning. All the electronic equipment in my lounge:- 65" OLED and home theatre equipment was paid by ebucks. (That's nearly 100k of stuff at retail price !!)

The TV cost me 3k in hard cash, as I didn't have enough in 2020, but it was a BF special. I now just collect ebucks to use them at BF either at ebucks store or takealot or onedayonly.

I just hope takealot and onedayonly remain ebucks partners for the foreseeable future.

PS. My dream is that someone like powerforum store or like starts to accept ebucks - that would be bloody awesome!! Of course , don't know how complicated it is to become a partner.

icarusza

Torn between saving ebucks for Black Friday and converting it to cash and building up savings.

Definitely got some great items but I would not have purchased them otherwise and that's the problem.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Torn between saving ebucks for Black Friday and converting it to cash and building up savings.

Definitely got some great items but I would not have purchased them otherwise and that's the problem.
So I was saving up my ebucks to finish my home theatre at this years BF. I need the sub and I was tracking prices. I think it was in April, that it was on special on OneDayOnly ... R3K cheaper ... luckily I had already collected the same amount of ebucks at the sale price .. decided to buy immediately :)

That cleared out my ebucks account ... but now already sitting at R6K and now it will grow until I can use it for something worthwhile.

I guess the way I see it , is yes I changed one or two habits to fit in the behavioural model of FNB, but we are spending what we normally spend (too much) - with no debt except for home loan. So the ebucks earned is therefore a bonus to be spent on the things that may not be 'important' :) Should I convert it to cash? For me not at the moment, but should our financial circumstances change - definitely to meet the household needs (groceries, etc).

airborne

Honorary Master
So iv never seen this mentioned here before or prior threads, but for 500 easy points just use any feature from the NAV Home, do it once a quarter, you don't need to have a home loan to get the points. So just do a valuation estimate of a random proper once a quarter for the 500 points.
Does that also apply to Premier?