Tired of 10210

Hey i hope this message reach the necessary departments that can deal with such unprofessional services from telkom.

Round about 22nd of June we logged a case cause we get slow speeds; RSRP of - 90dbm or - 84dbm and SINR of 7db or 12db

We complained and requested a scan to see if an external antenna would solve the problem. Was told to set connection mode to 4G only and monitor over the specific weekend.

I did that and contact them the Tuesday 26th of June. I was told to wait 3 working days from the the technicians to get the papers than about 9 days for them to come out.

Begining of this month I receive a message that the query was resolved and I should phone back if it had any issues.

I phone full of frustration and basically went down the guys throat becauss he told me that the previous person wrote that we had no connect at all and the message was basically send because they could see that we have connection.

They logged a new case. Said that he would state what happened previously and the new case can take up to 2 weeks for technician to reach our house and do a scan but they would bring outdoor antenna with.
Another month and R900 down the drain and not one telkom call or technician...

Worst part is they take there money even if we get 2mb/s sometimes worst.

Hope to hear from telkom. Sick of calling useless customer support

maumau

Honorary Master
Hi OP, this isn't a Telkom forum so you might get some comments but nobody here can actually help.

They might want to but they can't.

Shaun108

Executive Member
PM TelkomZA. We have a rep here ya'know :)

Charl sorted my issues out very quickly btw.

Thanks guys. Anyone have a username? Been hammering at Telkom on Twitter but no luck yet. I just feel its unfair they demand 900 but crappy service

Shaun108

Executive Member
Is he still around? Would love to find him myself (grrrrrrrrrr) but he hasn't been online for awhile.
Another chap whose name I can't remember, helped me with a billing issue after I pm'd TelkomZA. This was 3 weeks ago so yeah maybe he's still around.

Milano

Honorary Master
22 June this year? Seriously? No. Honestly. No way they will be there anytime soon. I had the antenna thing done for my LTE. When they come out you won't even remember the date you started the ordeal. When you have long forgotten they are even still coming. When you have lost all belief that they're coming out to you then add about 3 months to that. All in all it took about 8 to 10 months. I think the assessment team took 4 months until they came out. Then I had long stopped believing they would ever come and install the antenna. That must have been another 4 or 5 months later when they actually installed.

Dirtdiver

Another chap whose name I can't remember, helped me with a billing issue after I pm'd TelkomZA. This was 3 weeks ago so yeah maybe he's still around.
I think they choose who to help, in terms of what problem you have. I did not get no help from TelkomZA, Twitter, 10210. 10213.

All i did was ask for an upgrade, lmao.

I'll try. Recently got the b525. And yes it is lte.

My problem is that test was done on open sky day. The overcast days i do struggle