To all of you who gave up FF for Chrome because of "memory usage"

FuNkEr

Expert Member
Yep, Chrome is way faster then the rest. That's why I use it also. Don't really care if it eats some of my 4GB RAM, it's not like I play games and browse the internet simultaneously!
--- Final memory used ---
Figures taken after all tabs were closed at end.

Chrome: 109.49 MB
Firefox: 106.66 MB [Smallest]
Opera: 441.49 MB [Largest]
Safari: 349.62 MB

As if those 3 odd MB's between Chrome and FF are going to make a huge diff!

Last edited:

general_koffi

Expert Member
It looks like Chrome has some vicious memory spikes when there are a lot of pages open. They should look into fixing that.

Personally, it doesn't really bother me... I mean, I've got 4GB of RAM in total - 3GB of it is sitting free when I'm browsing the internet. If it wants to use it, it's not like it's got anything better to do. I'm not going to be playing Crysis when I'm looking at pr0n.

But Chrome is too rudimentary for me. I've got used to too many FF addons. :p

Nokkie

Executive Member
The Pc I'm currently using for internet connection is a P3 3.00GHZ
its like almost 5years old by now :eek: :D

Anyhoo, its to slow to run IE7 and even more slower with IE8
It does run with Windows XP But Google chrome just load so much faster :p

Even while opening a lot of page files... Usually it starts to crash on IE7 after for pages are opened up.

+1 for Google for making a wonderful app!

wikus

I can't leave Firefox cause I've gotten too used to the AdBlock Plus add-on to save my bandwidth.

Does anyone know if Chrome will support add-on's anytime soon?

krycor

Honorary Master
I can't leave Firefox cause I've gotten too used to the AdBlock Plus add-on to save my bandwidth.

Does anyone know if Chrome will support add-on's anytime soon?
+1

XysteR

Yeah thats one thing they need.
Thing is, i dont think chrome will ever support a flash blocker. How do you think google makes all of its money? flash adverts. It seems contrary to their whole profit motive to include a flash blocker in their own browser

sand_man

Honorary Master
Chrome ftw. Excuse my noobness but what advantage does add-ons give FF over Chrome? So you're able to customize your browser in a million in one ways but does it make it a more effective web browser which is what essentially you do with a browser. Chrome is simple, uncomplicated, uncluttered and efficient. I need nothing else from a browser..

Mind you just finished browsing the FF add-ons list and it's pretty impressive...

Last edited: