To have Xbox or friends...or not to have

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Well I've been pondering about this for quite some time now...

I don't really play games online but would still like the option to do so when the urge come along. Then there's all these Xbox achievements you can only unlock online (such as Fable 2)...so yeah...

But there seems to be cons and pros to having friends on your buddy list..

The pros are that it's much easier to find someone playing the same game (none of my 7 odd friends play Fable as an example)...making it easier to join the fun and/or unlock achievements etc.

The cons is well....It's rather damn annoying to be informed everytime one of your buddies log on to live...and I only have about 7 friends...Imagine if it's like 50 or even 100!

So err....What do you guys think

EtienneK

Expert Member
That's a pretty crappy con you've got there. You can switch off the online popups.

Edit: This is such a stupid topic. I can't believe I even replied :(

eye_suc

Expert Member
The cons is well....It's rather damn annoying to be informed everytime one of your buddies log on to live...and I only have about 7 friends...Imagine if it's like 50 or even 100!
you can switch that notification off :) and you can also set your status to invisible if people bug you

DarKWateR

Expert Member
My con then = epic fail since I decided to listen to some dumb smuck who told me that the option in NXE is non existent.

Well I guess that kinda solves it then.

maestro_za

Expert Member
My con then = epic fail since I decided to listen to some dumb smuck who told me that the option in NXE is non existent.

Well I guess that kinda solves it then.

You just have to look around a bit. I also thought a few features were gone, just to find it in a new menu :eek:

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Guess I might aswell turn this pointless friend (I should have just looked myself..argh) into something interesting.

So how many friends do you guys have approx?

doobiwan

Executive Member
Guess I might aswell turn this pointless friend (I should have just looked myself..argh) into something interesting.

So how many friends do you guys have approx?

100 :(

I've deleted close on double that so if I delete you don't take it personally. I'm one of the first tags in the noob thread so everyone adds me and I feel at least a bit obligated to give everyone a go.

You'll find that with the NXE if you want to get stuff done, the most efficient way is through the guide. There are a few things there that you can't do through the "pretty version."

Ewie

100 as well, so no space, every month i delete guys who was not online for
at least 30 days,

@udiS3

97-100 friends and I dont find the popups annoying at all.
Good to see who is online and able to invite into a game accordingly.

Having a limit of 100 friends is a bit of an issue and every now and then I try to clear up a space of 2 to 3 friends who have not been online. Just in case someone new wants to add me, as they wouldnt be able to otherwise.

EtienneK

Expert Member
Question: Is there a fast way to delete all my friends? I also have 100. I don't know any of them. How do I delete all of them fast?

doobiwan

Executive Member
Question: Is there a fast way to delete all my friends? I also have 100. I don't know any of them. How do I delete all of them fast?

go to Xbox.com - it's the easiest way (and you can do it at work :D ). You may need to change the local to "en-GB".

Tun@

Expert Member
No friends - no headset - "free for all" when +5 pops up then he's a friend - a dead one