Tony Leon slams FW de Klerk Foundation for apartheid comment

yebocan

Honorary Master
Im making a factual point that rest of Africa did not have Apartheid and look what hell holes they were turned into. Im making a point that under Apartheid crime rates even among Black on Black was muuuuuuuuuch lower than it is today. I am making a point that you choose to ignore reason why Apartheid was pushed in the first place.

So remind me again why couldn't black people avoid raping and killing each other before 1930s ? This is a serious question and I am almost certain you will just respond with, "its white man fault" but if you feel like responding with actual intelligence then it would be pretty interesting.

A shocking side effect of Apatheid regime were the massively lower number of rapes within black culture due to restrictive movement, so please tell me why you think Apartheid was kept going if the results actually showed a better life for the majority when it came to safety. You and spew all your mumbo jumbo that everyone had a worse life, it does not align with verifiable facts but please go for it.
Ja ne, ilk of Johan .... - you enjoy your construct of reality, with all your factual points.... era may have changed, but clearly the same attitudes remain....

HunterNW

Honorary Master
de klerk's government did not see black people as humans, why would he think it was a crime to kill, torture, maim, abuse, assault black people?
According to the Human Rights Commission it is estimated that during the Apartheid period some 21,000 people were killed, however both the UN Crimes against Humanity commission and South Africa’s own Truth and Reconciliation Commission are in agreement that in those 43 years the South African Security forces killed a total of 518 people. The rest, (some 92%) were accounted for by Africans killing Africans, many by means of the notorious and gruesome practice of necklacing whereby a car tyre full of petrol is placed around a victim’s neck and set alight. This particularly cruel form of execution was frequently carried out at the behest of the ANC with the enthusiastic support of Mandela’s demonic wife Winnie.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I wonder if Zapiro will now be strongly disliked by brothers here now that he has raked up the good ol' days? Ms Madonsela was quite liked here till she dared...
Not a bad point but it's the same that the anc, blf and eff can only survive and get followers with racism and the new apartheid plans and promisess. So the followers are just as racist which makes one think that over 70% of SA are racist and new apartheid supporters............

yebocan

Honorary Master
I wonder if Zapiro will now be strongly disliked by brothers here now that he has raked up the good ol' days? Ms Madonsela was quite liked here till she dared...
Friend reminded me today, .... who are allies, - who you tolerate, and who can go and **** themselves .... I am adjusting accordingly

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Uh yes because the NP was Nationalist party, thats why they were supported by Americans,british,everyone at the signing at UN and the Apartheid decision was funny enough brought to the UN and approved.

Is everyone so ill informed or just selectively ignoring history ?

You do know that every country from Britain, France, USA were in support of Apartheid up until they were pushing to get rid of the gold standard ? I am starting to see a trend on MyBB that the vast majority who actually comment here have no fking idea what they are discussing.

Show me a non failed African state that was build up and brought to prosperity under African rule before we can even discuss if and how the change over should have been handled. I could be wrong but I am not aware of any African country that isn't getting UN support with either money or food from the West or have enough of their own resources but their own population is completely living in poverty.

The only one that remotely resemble some sort of african success is South Africa but it is trying its hardest to go down to the same subpar acceptable levels the rest of Africa seems to be happy with.
Let's try this one point at a time, since you seem to struggle to stay coherent :

Please show me how the NP's 1920 plans were to prevent communism from spreading.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Even so, the plan was already there before the Nats came into power.
Did it serve as a hospital for the black majority ? Yes , so pretty much a crime against humanity then , same as the holodomor/holocaust right ?

SoldierMan

Expert Member
According to the Human Rights Commission it is estimated that during the Apartheid period some 21,000 people were killed, however both the UN Crimes against Humanity commission and South Africa’s own Truth and Reconciliation Commission are in agreement that in those 43 years the South African Security forces killed a total of 518 people. The rest, (some 92%) were accounted for by Africans killing Africans, many by means of the notorious and gruesome practice of necklacing whereby a car tyre full of petrol is placed around a victim’s neck and set alight. This particularly cruel form of execution was frequently carried out at the behest of the ANC with the enthusiastic support of Mandela’s demonic wife Winnie.
Ooo you're not gonna be popular Paul by giving us those stats, as the ANC is portrayed as noble servants of the people by some.

Saying they killed about 20,500 black South Africans during apartheid is not the cool thing to do these days.

Thanks though, I was unaware of this.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
LOL You really think that white people are that invested in FW de Klerk that they would hate on Zapiro for telling a truth. You not a big fan of white people?

Sollie

Executive Member
LOL You really think that white people are that invested in FW de Klerk that they would hate on Zapiro for telling a truth. You not a big fan of white people?
I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Actually I had a sad chuckle when I saw that cartoon. In my mind there should have been quite a few wrecks from all ports, not just a current for a week popular one, also many more swimmers. Perhaps even some still sinking being wirghted down with more gold. But yes, I guess he was trying to stay on topic as the complexity would confuse some (expecially those who heard it from a friend's cousin's oupa) :)

SoldierMan

Expert Member
I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Actually I had a sad chuckle when I saw that cartoon. In my mind there should have been quite a few wrecks from all ports, not just a current for a week popular one, also many more swimmers. Perhaps even some still sinking being wirghted down with more gold. But yes, I guess he was trying to stay on topic as the complexity would confuse some (expecially those who heard it from a friend's cousin's oupa) :)
Yeah look I guess the point I was making is that I do believe that apartheid was a crime against humanity, though I'm a little confused what de Klerk believes at this point in time after all that has gone down, and I suspect many others do as well. Like you say I think Zapiro was attempting to make a single point, rather than confuse the issue....

nightjar

Expert Member
According to the Human Rights Commission it is estimated that during the Apartheid period some 21,000 people were killed,
The TRC blamed Apartheid for 7 000 deaths between 1948 & 1994 with some 14 000 deaths being caused by blacks killing their brutha blacks.

By an odd coincidence, the annual murder rate under ANC misrule is just over 21 000.

wombling

The ANC is guilty of current day oppression. I don't care about the views of a president who presided just over 2 years ago (Zuma) let alone one that was president 25 years ago. There are bigger problems to deal with and this serves only as a distraction from current racist activities performed under the name of the ANC. (AA, BBBEE etc)

I wonder how long it will be before South Africans do unto the ANC what was done to the old apartheid government. My feeling is that will never happen.

surface

Executive Member
Hey, like you have one black friend, I got one white friend. How can I not be a fan?

Moosedrool

Executive Member

thechamp

Honorary Master
The ANC is guilty of current day oppression. I don't care about the views of a president who presided just over 2 years ago (Zuma) let alone one that was president 25 years ago. There are bigger problems to deal with and this serves only as a distraction from current racist activities performed under the name of the ANC. (AA, BBBEE etc)

I wonder how long it will be before South Africans do unto the ANC what was done to the old apartheid government. My feeling is that will never happen.
What was done to the apartheid government? The NP got defeated in a free and fair election and they died a natural death after that, you are free to mobilize and do the same to the ANC, no need to wait for some referendum.