Tony Leon slams FW de Klerk Foundation for apartheid comment

dlk001

Executive Member
I think next time, de Klerk should stay home, join Zuma and watch Sona on teli peacefully :)

HunterNW

Honorary Master

krycor

Honorary Master
JFK era was seen as prosperous era yet Black citizens were seen as nothing different than under SA Apartheid era. Do you not understand the comparison or are you just acting stupid ?

In SA we call the period inhumane but in USA we celebrate the era. Just cause it is labelled Apartheid doesn't mean USA didn't have the same problems. You dont find it funny that MLK big speech just so happened the same year JFK died ?

Please educate yourself, find out what happened up to 1963 then come back here and respond with googly eyes because I am certain you had no idea when black lives movement and rights only kicked in over in the USA thus my apt comparison whether you like it or not.
History is written by the victorious.. and then fixed when those victors become villains.

The US populous has to still go through a proper restitution phase. Of all the countries.. Usa and Aus are likely the worse when it comes to fixing the past and admitting and accepting their wrong doing. Cad is slowly getting forced this way.

While many look google eyed at that era in the US.. who are many? And for what reason?

For me.. I look at that era as a great triumph of of capitalism in a narrowly defined success margin where the negatives of it all aren’t even considered. It was the golden era of infrastructure and technology advancements. But I’m well aware of the social injustice during this period.

For White Afrikaans South Africans though.. the US has always been seen as the yard stick and gold standard.. and honestly for those that support apartheid you can see why. They’ve managed to subjugate and kill off a native populous, bring in a foreign one and do similar, keep them at bay.. then when civil liberties happen.. give the minimum allowances and tolerances but refuse to admit wrong doing not properly integrate them? How’s that AA and similar BEE like policies working there? Yah window dressing like here and so it’s getting doubled down on but until you fix education etc social mobility won’t improve. Similar problems!

You look at what these loud mouths bitch about and then you go.. wait who’s country are we in here? Who was the native populous?

The only country I know what’s been VERY successful at reforming relations with native populous is New Zealand.. and why? Because they celebrate the native populous. They openly admitted the crap they did to the native populous and set and settled debt as part of restitutions. They still have AA btw so when you run their with your tail between you legs and have a braai with Afrikaans community north of Auckland, and bitch about how the “locals” are a useless lot.. and reminisce of SA and then bitch about SA locals etc.. know this.. the problem is YOU!

Why are they so successful there? Because unlike here local native culture was embraced and made part and parcel of the country. There having some diverse blood with locals is preferable else you just an outsider and as good as a foreigner. It’s funny when think about these things and you look locally and see what idiots our people are squabbling over stuff that there is no debate needed.

We need to do a lot in this country but if you don’t really believe in an inclusive SA.. please take you money and leave. It’s better that way. If you can’t see a national identity happening outside of race, language, religion and creed.. again do everyone a favor and please leave. If you think people of different races are somehow inferior.. leave. No one is begging you to stay here especially with those view points.

access

Honorary Master
For White Afrikaans South Africans though.. the US has always been seen as the yard stick and gold standard.. and honestly for those that support apartheid you can see why. They’ve managed to subjugate and kill off a native populous, bring in a foreign one and do similar, keep them at bay.. then when civil liberties happen.. give the minimum allowances and tolerances but refuse to admit wrong doing not properly integrate them? How’s that AA and similar BEE like policies working there? Yah window dressing like here and so it’s getting doubled down on but until you fix education etc social mobility won’t improve. Similar problems!
what a load of absolute kak. geezus. if the aim was to exterminate, it wouldve happened. or did the "wasa" somehow fall short of the ability when it happened with ease elsewhere all over the world, while being world leaders in many fields.

and no aa and bee are not working in america, go read up on it, ive even posted their report into it on this website. in short the wage gap has increased between the races involved and the one left out, asians, have prospered.

found one link mentioning it after quick search:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
History is written by the victorious.. and then fixed when those victors become villains.

The US populous has to still go through a proper restitution phase. Of all the countries.. Usa and Aus are likely the worse when it comes to fixing the past and admitting and accepting their wrong doing. Cad is slowly getting forced this way.

While many look google eyed at that era in the US.. who are many? And for what reason?

For me.. I look at that era as a great triumph of of capitalism in a narrowly defined success margin where the negatives of it all aren’t even considered. It was the golden era of infrastructure and technology advancements. But I’m well aware of the social injustice during this period.

You look at what these loud mouths bitch about and then you go.. wait who’s country are we in here? Who was the native populous?

The only country I know what’s been VERY successful at reforming relations with native populous is New Zealand.. and why? Because they celebrate the native populous. They openly admitted the crap they did to the native populous and set and settled debt as part of restitutions. They still have AA btw so when you run their with your tail between you legs and have a braai with Afrikaans community north of Auckland, and bitch about how the “locals” are a useless lot.. and reminisce of SA and then bitch about SA locals etc.. know this.. the problem is YOU!

Why are they so successful there? Because unlike here local native culture was embraced and made part and parcel of the country. There having some diverse blood with locals is preferable else you just an outsider and as good as a foreigner. It’s funny when think about these things and you look locally and see what idiots our people are squabbling over stuff that there is no debate needed.

We need to do a lot in this country but if you don’t really believe in an inclusive SA.. please take you money and leave. It’s better that way. If you can’t see a national identity happening outside of race, language, religion and creed.. again do everyone a favor and please leave. If you think people of different races are somehow inferior.. leave. No one is begging you to stay here especially with those view points.
Scary that some people actually thinks this way.

But then let's go down this rabbit hole. The ANC destroyed enormous value the last 10 years. When will I be compensated? I had to read your rubbish will you compensate me for my time?

Honestly some of you need to get out of your heads and realize that playing victims have never worked.

In Zim they tried to make the whites pay. They will pay for that forever.

Your country is so deep in the **** but yet you are digging. Have you no idea what something like EWC is going to do value? Your rands will be cheaper than toilet paper.

If you keep seeing things as zero sum games you will always be on the losing side. The only way to progress is to have in place a system that benefits all including those that are already 'privileged', if not the privileged will destroy you.

Excalibur

Expert Member
"I might not have pulled the trigger on Anton Lubowski, or sent the letter bomb which led to the unspeakable murder of Abram Tiro, but it is for my account," says Leon Wessels, the former minister in FW de Klerk's Cabinet, deputy chairperson of the Constituent Assembly and human rights commissioner.
"You can say, as many do, 'Look, I wasn't in politics then' or 'I wasn't involved in that', and 'Don't be angry at me because I didn't kill him'. It's crap. I was an Afrikaner, I was a nationalist, the whole thing is on me. It is for my account."

There is neither warmth and admiration, nor antagonism and hostility in his voice when he speaks of De Klerk. Rather, disaffection and neutrality.

"The difference between De Klerk and me is that he mourns for Afrikanerdom. But I want to be a bridge builder, I want to be a diplomat. I try to gather like-minded people together.

yebocan

Honorary Master
when you understand , where someone is coming from - you have natural empathy , -- the whole FW shitfest, has shown me two things ... their is plenty of unresolved anger , in a sense, it has been good ....laid bare those angers, related to our past- but also that there are far many more bridge builders .... also liked the articles by Melanie Verwoerd and Antjie Krog , different perspectives - paints a clearer picture.

Excalibur

Expert Member
when you understand , where someone is coming from - you have natural empathy , -- the whole FW shitfest, has shown me two things ... their is plenty of unresolved anger , in a sense, it has been good ....laid bare those angers, related to our past- but also that there are far many more bridge builders .... also liked the articles by Melanie Verwoerd and Antjie Krog , different perspectives - paints a clearer picture.
I think there's still a lot of people mourning for Afrikanerdom as it was during Apartheid and that's 'dom', it's not just De Klerk.

Last edited:

yebocan

Honorary Master
I think there's still a lot of people morning for Afrikanerdom as it was during Apartheid and that's 'dom', it's not just De Klerk.
for the most Basson - https://www.news24.com/Columnists/A...ut-apartheid-and-the-ancs-failings-20200224-2
..sums it all mostly...

-also believe that this discussion is one that whites should have among themselves....as clearly, any outside voices would be seen as a threat --suppose whitesplaining of sorts, having said this, also ... whiteness does not make you special/ nor remove your from the national discourse , regarding our past.. --as you, as a race try to find your way in making sense of the past.... and it can/will become ugly...in world of low EQ, emotive topics ignite passions....weird, I feel at times uber cognitive dissonance - as I understand the psychology behind it, but as pointed out to me, stop the softy kitty approach, this a real hard discussion/discourse that has not been allowed to be addressed, due to being worrying about sensitivities....
In a way, this is progress, laying bare the ugly ...and engaging.

Excalibur

Expert Member
-also believe that this discussion is one that whites should have among themselves....as clearly, any outside voices would be seen as a threat --
That is true but those whites who dare start that discussion are quickly labelled "Traitors" and "K affir Boeties"

Excalibur

Expert Member
"Honourable Mr. President, I am going to say something to you that no other chairperson of Agri SA has ever said. We acknowledge that the colonial era, the 1913 Land Act and apartheid had a devastating effect on the lives of black South Africans, and that we as Agri SA will take co-responsibility with you to make progress with implementation of sustainable land reform and to rectify the injustices of the past."

HunterNW

Honorary Master
There's a new documentary on DTSV, Boer maak 'n plan. Go watch the first episode.