Top 10 eCommerce Developments of the Last Decade

andres101

Expert Member
what about apache? without apache the www would be very different place. actually, LAMP should have been on the list.

and what the heck is BlackBerry doing on the list? if they had to choose an email related service, they should have picked gmail.

Last edited:

stix

Expert Member
Agreed, Not sure how Itunes made it on their either - sounds like gratuitous marketing

Gangrel

what about apache? without apache the www would be very different place. actually, LAMP should have been on the list.
The list is the "Top 10 eCommerce Developments of the Last Decade", was apache httpd not around before then?

chiskop

Executive Member
That list wasn't what I expected. WiFi? Sure, as a part of expanding broadband penetration, but separately as one of the top ten developments in e-commerce in the last ten years?

FWIW: "The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, incorporated in Delaware, USA, in June of 1999. The ASF is a natural outgrowth of The Apache Group, a group of individuals that was initially formed in 1995 to develop the Apache HTTP Server." [link]

They've counted eBay from the date of its IPO, so I reckon that should count.

bernarde

What about Paypal?

In my mind there is no doubt that Paypal must be on this list. Without a low cost online payment option, ecommerce is sure to stumble along (like in SA).