Top 25 South African websites

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Top 25 South African websites

The December 2019 Narratiive and IAB South Africa statistics revealed that News24, TimesLive, and The South African are the most popular websites in South Africa.

Narratiive is the official traffic measurement partner of the IAB South Africa and provides accurate traffic and demographics statistics for South Africa's top websites.

Joseph matane

But mybroadband is starting to seem bias is less reporting is more about who has money
Example one article today maybe be about poor customer service from certain company next article maybe about how excellent that company is, am starting to wonder why mybroadband hate government/local services, the media house is always reporting on negative government implantation plans. Ke leng labofelo mybroadband reported any positive feedback about government services for example update about Department of Transport Electronic services, how many places are now covered by government broadband initiatives like cutting red tapes policies to allow optic fibre backbone roll out in small towns across SA

Last edited:

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
@Joseph matane that's how it's always been, the forum will blow up with complaints about a certain company but due to said company being an advertising partner the news never makes it onto the front page.

You have to understand that this company values advertising revenue far more than responsible journalism.

MiW

Interesting classification. I wonder how many of this mybroadband unique visitors are here for Tech news and articles.
The last time I was using my broadband as a news source of any kind , was over 10 years ago.
I would say for me now is just the biggest general forum in South Africa, I don't click on click bite headlines , or promotional stuff , and that's about 99% of the content in the news here