Top ANC members want Zuma to step down – Report

3WA

Honorary Master
Hanekom can look forward to two years of unemployment. The rest of the NEC can look forward to two years of employment.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
They had a perfect chance in parliament a week ago but they are scared, support crime and have no ethics.

SilverCode

It shows how un-democratic the ruling part of ANC really is. They don't want a secret vote because they know they will lose. They keep the vote public so they can intimidate their members and force them into voting the way they want. If they truly believe they are doing the right thing, they wouldn't feat a secret ballot, but they are in reality just dictators masquerading as a democratic party.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Hanekom has always impressed me with his intelligence and fortitude and hard working ethic.

He is an Idiot.

R13...

Honorary Master
Hanekom has always impressed me with his intelligence and fortitude and hard working ethic.

He is an Idiot.
He goes from intelligent in one breath and onto idiotic in the next?

I suppose Zuma will escape once again as Hanekom is a known Zuma opponent

ProfA

Honorary Master
It shows how un-democratic the ruling part of ANC really is. They don't want a secret vote because they know they will lose. They keep the vote public so they can intimidate their members and force them into voting the way they want. If they truly believe they are doing the right thing, they wouldn't feat a secret ballot, but they are in reality just dictators masquerading as a democratic party.

Lol. The DA or any other party for that matter would do the same. In fact the DA did do the same thing in one of there council votes. Members must vote according to party instructions.

C4Cat

Honorary Master

Yeah, that's all we need in our government, more secrecy :rolleyes:

R13...

Honorary Master
They had a perfect chance in parliament a week ago but they are scared, support crime and have no ethics.
The ANC will never support an opposition as it makes them look weak however sensible the motion. Gwede said as much following the whole Nkadla concourt ruling.

R13...

Honorary Master
Hanekom can look forward to two years of unemployment. The rest of the NEC can look forward to two years of employment.
What grounds would they use to recall Hanekom? He's doing what the ANC said is party policy.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
What grounds would they use to recall Hanekom? He's doing what the ANC said is party policy.

No grounds necessary, he may just be an unfortunate casualty of a cabinet reshuffle, no one is going to bat an eyelid when a Tourism minister is replaced. Anyway I am sure he is aware of the fact that he serves at the pleasure of the President and good for him to be so brave amongst a bunch of cowards.

Thor

Honorary Master
No grounds necessary, he may just be an unfortunate casualty of a cabinet reshuffle, no one is going to bat an eyelid when a Tourism minister is replaced. Anyway I am sure he is aware of the fact that he serves at the pleasure of the President and good for him to be so brave amongst a bunch of cowards.

Or an unfortunate car accident.

sox63

Executive Member
Quite a sneaky motion to table when a lot of the Zuma camp are not around attending a wedding.

Doubt it will work though, but part of me thinks Hanekom and Co believe they have the numbers IF voting is secret, which will never happen

j4ck455

Executive Member
By now it should be clear to everyone that Zumatello rules the cANCer party by inducing fear using behind the scenes blackmail, manipulation of state agencies, and promises of corrupt monetary gains to ensure that MPs and NEC members support him no matter what.

Over the last two+ years, Zumatello has concentrated on squashing an early elective conference and motions of no confidence, recalls and possible impeachment etc. One could speculate that the pro-Zumatello NEC members that jumped onto planes to get to today's meeting might have been offered a special bonus (from the Saxonwold Shebeen) if they manage to squash the motion to recall Zumatello.

It's easy to predict that this motion to recall Zumatello will fail, however that will not be the end as there will be a lot of fallout with an almost certain party split that is bigger than the COPE split after Mbeki was recalled.

This recall motion was clearly timed to take place after the ratings agencies had announced their decisions, unfortunately it also means that Zumatello now has less to fear by sacking Pravin Gordhan, Zumatello's next move would be taking out Cyril Ramaphosa.

When the dust settles on the cabinet reshuffle, I expect that Zumatello will have sacked close to 50% of his current cabinet which would unintentionally show that nearly half of his own cabinet members had lost faith in his leadership, which in turn will add fuel to the party split.

Last edited:

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
By now it should be clear to everyone that Zumatello rules the cANCer party by inducing fear using behind the scenes blackmail, manipulation of state agencies, and promises of corrupt monetary gains to ensure that MPs and NEC members support him no matter what.

Over the last two+ years, Zumatello has concentrated on squashing an early elective conference and motions of no confidence, recalls and possible impeachment etc. One could speculate that the pro-Zumatello NEC members that jumped onto planes to get to today's meeting might have been offered a special bonus (from the Saxonwold Shebeen) if they manage to squash the motion to recall Zumatello.

It's easy to predict that this motion to recall Zumatello will fail, however that will not be the end as there will be a lot of fallout with an almost certain party split that is bigger than the COPE split after Mbeki was recalled.

This recall motion was clearly timed to take place after the ratings agencies had announced their decisions, unfortunately it also means that Zumatello now has less to fear by sacking Pravin Gordhan, Zumatello's next move would be taking out Cyril Ramaphosa.

When the dust settles on the cabinet reshuffle, I expect that Zumatello will have sacked close to 50% of his current cabinet which would unintentionally show that nearly half of his own cabinet members had lost faith in his leadership, which in turn will add fuel to the party split.

Giving him a cutesy name helps his image.

CorrieDeBeer

Expert Member
I for one hope Zuma stays, the longer he stays the more young people he alienates and the more people don't vote ANC in 2019. We just have to grit our teeth and bear it for a couple of years longer. They are digging their own graves.

We just have to have faith that the youth are not born with those same prejudices of the previous generation.

j4ck455

Executive Member
I for one hope Zuma stays, the longer he stays the more young people he alienates and the more people don't vote ANC in 2019. We just have to grit our teeth and bear it for a couple of years longer. They are digging their own graves.

We just have to have faith that the youth are not born with those same prejudices of the previous generation.

There is one very big downside to that, the EFF is gaining traction at an alarming rate and there is a real danger that the EFF could win the 2019 general election (or the next one), even if it isn't under Malema's leadership.

Giving him a cutesy name helps his image.

OK satanboy, from now on I will try to refer to him as the "(p)resident evil" (amongst other things).

Thor

Honorary Master
There is one very big downside to that, the EFF is gaining traction at an alarming rate and there is a real danger that the EFF could win the 2019 general election (or the next one), even if it isn't under Malema's leadership.

OK satanboy, from now on I will try to refer to him as the "(p)resident evil" (amongst other things).
That is indeed a frightening thought

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
The ANC will never support an opposition as it makes them look weak however sensible the motion. Gwede said as much following the whole Nkadla concourt ruling.
Which is why this type of posturing by the DA every 3 months is just a waste of time