Top ANC members want Zuma to step down – Report

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Sorry, I meant fire the NEC members that spoke out and are in his Cabinet

Ah, yeah. Things do seem to be moving towards a head. People are being forced to take sides, publicly and privately. They can't just ride the wave and hope to survive anymore.

The motions in Parliament are always going to fail unless initiated by the ANC. They'll make a decision internally and then the official processes will follow.

ngwe23

Executive Member
Ah, yeah. Things do seem to be moving towards a head. People are being forced to take sides, publicly and privately. They can't just ride the wave and hope to survive anymore.

The motions in Parliament are always going to fail unless initiated by the ANC. They'll make a decision internally and then the official processes will follow.

This. What surprises me is how out of step this forum -and the general middle class liberals - is with ANC politics. There seems to be more excitement to frivolous motions in Parliament. This is much more significant in my opinion.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This. What surprises me is how out of step this forum -and the general middle class liberals - is with ANC politics. There seems to be more excitement to frivolous motions in Parliament. This is much more significant in my opinion.

Perhaps because ANC politics is so completely unbelievable, non-transparent and corrupt that most people battle to understand them?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Perhaps because ANC politics is so completely unbelievable, non-transparent and corrupt that most people battle to understand them?

Well, not with cases like this. It was the exact same way with Mbeki. The ANC battles this stuff out internally before moving forward externally, as do all the other parties.

I doubt whether the DA or any other party would allow their opposition to dictate how they handle their internal politics, leadership struggles etc.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Well, not with cases like this. It was the exact same way with Mbeki. The ANC battles this stuff out internally before moving forward externally, as do all the other parties.

I doubt whether the DA or any other party would allow their opposition to dictate how they handle their internal politics, leadership struggles etc.

I still say it's corrupt (patronage), non-transparent and unbelievable (that they protect someone doing so much damage)

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
It is not a vendetta. I am indifferent, but I am not in the habit of simply gobbling up any thing that I read, especially political commentary. There are many agendas at play and one should pay attention to not only the content, but the author. Do you think someone who was so obviously pro Zuma can offer a balance view on Zuma? Or are you simply going to ignore that question because she is writing something in line with your world view?

Personally its not about gobbling it up, but its listening to all different points of view and forming your own one based on the differing view points.

And someone who was so obviously pro-Zuma in the past may be one of the better people to offer a balanced view on Zuma as things stand currently....

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I still say it's corrupt (patronage), non-transparent and unbelievable (that they protect someone doing so much damage)

It doesn't have to be transparent (to the wider public anyway), only to ANC branches and members.

Still corrupt, ridiculous etc. obviously.

3WA

Honorary Master
One interesting tactic that the anti-Zuma faction may employ is to simply lie about the vote count.

For example, if the vote comes in at 55 to 17 in favour of Zuma, the anti-Zuma faction could simply claim that 17 is a larger number than 55. It's a bold strategy, but not many in the pro-Zuma faction would be able to pick up the discrepancy.

The problem is, you lack consistency. Its pretty much a given you're an ANC cadre/member/whatever. I actually do read your posts, and I form my own opinions which I often keep to myself in regards to yourself. But to be blunt here, you're just another ANC voter to me, you're like a minion, that needs a big boss, and now that your current big boss is about to fall on his sword, you are scrambling to find another cliff, another handle to grab hold of.. Perhaps, get rid of that awful chip on your shoulder and put your racist attitude aside and maybe you will find a bit more support on this forum.

ngwe23

Executive Member
Personally its not about gobbling it up, but its listening to all different points of view and forming your own one based on the differing view points.

And someone who was so obviously pro-Zuma in the past may be one of the better people to offer a balanced view on Zuma as things stand currently....

http://journalismiziko.dut.ac.za/feature-review/irony-in-the-rose-for-ranjeni/

In April 2009, she nailed her colours to the mast as she berated the South African media. She wrote thus: “For seven years, these newspapers and many others surrendered their pages to editorial and caricature to construct the criminal cases against Zuma and project him as “evil”, “corrupt” and “unfit to lead”.

In an interview I had with Munusamy for my research project into the media ethics (09 November 2004: 19:15 to 21:15) she contended that media had a “strange” relationship with Ngcuka. She said of the infamous off-the-record briefing: “it was the last straw.” She told me, she decided to break ranks, “not as a messiah, purely a personal decision,” to expose the Ngcuka’s story so as, “to clear my conscience”.

But, the most enduring legacy of Munusamy factional political activity was her management of a website aptly named, “Friends of Jacob Zuma”. She was the mastermind behind Zuma’s public relations campaign during the latter’s court appearances and of course during the windy road to Polokwane. Zuma’s legal team and his kitchen cabinet always counted on her. She was on first name basis with Zuma. There were more just comrades, but friends. Munusamy flew across the country sharing the “real story” behind Zuma’s prosecution.

However, in October 2010, Munusamy was frog marched out of the Zuma administration screaming and kicking. History records that she leaked sensitive information to the media about Blade Nzimande’s visit to Cuba. This led to the relationship with Nzimande breaking down irrevocable. However, Munusamy lost more than just a job. She lost a home. The ANC had been her home for many years.

Fast forward to 2013 (Mercury, August 29) Munusamy sings a different tune. She wittingly supports the opposition parties’ stance on Zuma that cast him as “evil”, “corrupt” and “unfit to lead”. She even questioned the rationality of the University of Malaysia conferring an Honorary Doctorate in Leadership on Zuma. “It is unclear what criteria the university used to confer the award on Zuma or whether it was aware that eight opposition parties wanted the Constitutional Court to allow them to debate a motion of no confidence in the president,” she wrote. She went on to decry the so-called spiralling levels of corruption and also cast doubt on Zuma’s bona fide. “Accountability remains a moving target when it comes to the Zuma presidency.”

Given the above, do you really blame me for taking with a grain of salt anything she writes concerning JZ? What view point is she going to offer and does she not have an agenda?

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Seriously if they vote to pull Zuma out, I will pull my willy out right now and helicopter all the way to heaven.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Given the above, do you really blame me for taking with a grain of salt anything she writes concerning JZ? What view point is she going to offer and does she not have an agenda?

Its the press, you should take everything with a grain of salt...

She may still have "connections" on the inside even after her inappropriate behaviour in relation to leaking Blades trip. This may give her an edge in reporting certain things.

Antybubbs

If.... and only If Zuma is recalled.... i wonder how the streets will react.... i dont really feel like dodging protests before the end of the year..

Sneeky

Honorary Master
She is just like Julias, one day prepared to die or kill for Zuma then flip flopping completely.

daveza

Honorary Master
Seriously if they vote to pull Zuma out, I will pull my willy out right now and helicopter all the way to heaven.

I don't think they allow willies in heaven, they cause too much trouble here on earth.

ngwe23

Executive Member
The problem is, you lack consistency. Its pretty much a given you're an ANC cadre/member/whatever. I actually do read your posts, and I form my own opinions which I often keep to myself in regards to yourself. But to be blunt here, you're just another ANC voter to me, you're like a minion, that needs a big boss, and now that your current big boss is about to fall on his sword, you are scrambling to find another cliff, another handle to grab hold of.. Perhaps, get rid of that awful chip on your shoulder and put your racist attitude aside and maybe you will find a bit more support on this forum.

Therein lies your problem. You expect me to be consistently on the side of a political party, but I am consistently on the side of truth and sanity. See the difference... I am not beholden to a single political party or ideology - unlike many of the DA zealot that visit here that will defend their party to the death. I am pro EFF on the land issue and general approach to redistributing the counties wealth, but I concerned how Malema got SARS bill of R16M. I am pro ANC with regard to BEE and their prudent fiscal approach but I hate that they have not done enough to redress those that were disadvantaged in the past. I can go on but i am sure you see my point?

BTW, when did this discussion morph into a discussion of ngwe23 and my political inclinations?

C4Cat

Honorary Master
She is just like Julias, one day prepared to die or kill for Zuma then flip flopping completely.

So you have a problem with people changing their minds over time. As far as you're concerned a person must choose a point of view and stick to it for the rest of their lives, ignoring anything and everything that might challenge it?
She is not an elected official, she can flip flop as much as she likes.

Splinter

Honorary Master
So you have a problem with people changing their minds over time. As far as you're concerned a person must choose a point of view and stick to it for the rest of their lives, ignoring anything and everything that might challenge it?
She is not an elected official, she can flip flop as much as she likes.

Yes, but people can call her out for it if they want, as well. To me it seems she just supports whatever party has the most racist stance. Take the land - cool. Replace whites with unqualified blacks - cool. Zuma weakening ANC - not cool.

ngwe23

Executive Member
Its the press, you should take everything with a grain of salt...

She may still have "connections" on the inside even after her inappropriate behaviour in relation to leaking Blades trip. This may give her an edge in reporting certain things.

No, this gives her an agenda to slant her reporting one way or the other. If you want to trust her reporting go on buddy...