Top fibre and fixed-LTE ISPs during lockdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Top fibre and fixed-LTE ISPs during lockdown

MyBroadband’s latest speed test and customer satisfaction ratings reveal that Cool Ideas, Afrihost, and Webafrica had the happiest customers during the COVID-19 lockdown.

The research further shows that MTN and Vodacom are the fixed-LTE providers with the highest average customer satisfaction ratings.

Method

Executive Member
Herotel should be much lower than that. Their service has been terrible! Lots of drops, latency jumps, complete disconnects...very unstable. And that's the WHOLE complex, not just mine.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Herotel should be much lower than that. Their service has been terrible! Lots of drops, latency jumps, complete disconnects...very unstable. And that's the WHOLE complex, not just mine.
This is one of the first times we included them. We saw many speed tests and ratings for Herotel. I assume they are growing their network of ISPs.

Herotel is unique as it is a combination of many ISPs/WISPs. Not sure how it translates into general service levels.

Method

Executive Member
This is one of the first times we included them. We saw many speed tests and ratings for Herotel. I assume they are growing their network of ISPs.

Herotel is unique as it is a combination of many ISPs/WISPs. Not sure how it translates into general service levels.
Agreed, my complex falls under Bronberg Connect. When doing a speed test it picks it up as part of Herotel. When the internet is up, it's fine, but the disconnects, packet loss and unstable latency happens a lot.

razed

Agreed, my complex falls under Bronberg Connect. When doing a speed test it picks it up as part of Herotel. When the internet is up, it's fine, but the disconnects, packet loss and unstable latency happens a lot.
In a balwin complex I presume...

under_sky

Expert Member
Is supersonic not paying their membership fees anymore for a inflated value

Nerfherder

Honorary Master

VOX ?

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep
Congratulations to Cool Ideas! And thanks to all who rated us - To our clients: I promise that we will never stop trying to improve every facet of our service. I know we make mistakes but we are committed to providing even better service every day. Thanks to all of our clients for their support. We’ll never take you for granted.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I dont get why Telkom has such low ratings. I honestly haven't had a seconds trouble in years. Stable and reliable. Yes, their LTE is a bit slow in some places, but what do you expect when ICASA refuses to give you any spectrum and you have to use a tiny slice of the 1800Mhz band to serve every smartphone and router with mobile LTE signal.

Dames

This is such crap, I'm sorry. RSAWeb has got to be the absolute WORST thing I have experienced in a long time... They appear to be completely unable to cope with the ticket levels at the moment - when you're literally in the business of working on/in the internet, it seems so counter-intuitive that you are unable to effectively operate in that environment. Maybe it's just me, but goodness gracious it's so bad :O

razed

Indeedy. Do you stay in one as well?
I did yea. Their local deployment had too many issues, like power tripping to their mikrotiks. The constant daily moaning on the complex whatsapp group.... Luckily I managed to "hide" the lock for my local DB box - so I could just walk outside and power it back on. I guess this is why they are changing to gpon architecture...

Method

Executive Member
I did yea. Their local deployment had too many issues, like power tripping to their mikrotiks. The constant daily moaning on the complex whatsapp group.... Luckily I managed to "hide" the lock for my local DB box - so I could just walk outside and power it back on. I guess this is why they are changing to gpon architecture...
I'm pushing for them to fix ours as well. We have a manhole right at the gate for fibre. They can link into that. It shouldn't be too hard or cost too much. The microwave thing isn't working

rodmur

My Supersonic is always in the high 40's and often over 50 with zilch downtime

Bronberg Connect

Good afternoon @Method

Our sincerest apologies for the intermittent issues you have been experiencing with your connection.

Kindly provide your contact details as also requested on your other post so that our team can work on resolving your problem permanently.

We look forward to hearing from you