"Top of the class"- Recent Comp Sci / Elec. Eng. Graduates: - JHB , Rosebank and Cape Town options. December 2019/January 2020 intake.

ChantalMichelle

Company Rep
"Top of the class"- Recent Comp Sci / Elec. Eng. Graduates: - JHB , Rosebank and Cape Town options. December 2019/January 2020 intake.

Graduate Recruitment: - B.Sc. Computer Science / B. Eng. Electronic Engineering Graduates, with excellent academic results essential - 65% average+. Technologies: - C#, SQL, Oracle. Pref, Cum Laude, SUMMA Cum Laude, Deans commendation list. etc.

Universities: - University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch, University of Johannesburg, Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria, North West (Potchefstroom Campus), University of the Free State, University of Kwa Zulu Natal, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University

Be involved in projects for financial services industry - banking/insurance for top notch clients in financial services industry!

E-mail CV including University and Matric results: - chantalmolivier@outlook.com

Markd

whats so special about the given company that I would want to work there? As someone who is top of class I'm lined up for an internship with several top 40 companies already :S

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
whats so special about the given company that I would want to work there? As someone who is top of class I'm lined up for an internship with several top 40 companies already :S
Except you are not

Markd

Except you are not
Well done, I'm well beyond that. It seems you kinda missed the point.

I work for a top 40 company that gets the SOME of the best graduates into their internship programs. They often dont get the candidates they want because other top companies are getting them first. I've also worked for consulting houses that admit that they get the 'dregs' in terms of graduates because all the best ones are snapped up by the big corporates.

So again, what's so special about this ad and this workplace? Sounds like some small insurance house that somehow thinks it should be able to secure top candidates and probably pay them poorly. i.e. this is has to be a joke.

cguy

Expert Member
It’s a paradoxical advert. As a top graduate of a top SA university, I would never even consider applying to an advert, the companies would always find me. :p You fail their test just by applying.

Last edited:

Markd

Ja the top-end companies pay the most bucks and offer the best benefits. More and more in SA, talent isn't just floating around desperate for a job offer. Companies have to differentiate to get that talent. Nothing at all against the job poster doing their job, but some companies are just deluded in the way they recruit.

John Tempus

Expert Member
It’s a paradoxical advert. As a top graduate of a top SA university, I would never even consider applying to an advert, the companies would always find me. :p You fail their test just by applying.
HIRED!!

cguy

Expert Member
Ja the top-end companies pay the most bucks and offer the best benefits. More and more in SA, talent isn't just floating around desperate for a job offer. Companies have to differentiate to get that talent. Nothing at all against the job poster doing their job, but some companies are just deluded in the way they recruit.
If their edge is pay, it is stupid to not show it off. Many of the headhunters who contact me these days put the expected compensation in the subject line - I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it definitely does reduce unnecessary communication.

John Tempus

Expert Member
If their edge is pay, it is stupid to not show it off. Many of the headhunters who contact me these days put the expected compensation in the subject line - I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it definitely does reduce unnecessary communication.
Agreed, they would have printed the minimum qualified salary in BIG BOLD lettering if they meant business.

I think their edge is to find a desperate qualified individual and then low ball this individual who is not experienced in job hunting yet.

Maximum education for minimum pay.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Well done, I'm well beyond that. It seems you kinda missed the point.

I work for a top 40 company that gets the SOME of the best graduates into their internship programs. They often dont get the candidates they want because other top companies are getting them first. I've also worked for consulting houses that admit that they get the 'dregs' in terms of graduates because all the best ones are snapped up by the big corporates.

So again, what's so special about this ad and this workplace? Sounds like some small insurance house that somehow thinks it should be able to secure top candidates and probably pay them poorly. i.e. this is has to be a joke.
it is clearly a recruitment agent