Top South African CS:GO team needs money to stay in the USA

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Some years ago we had a SA team in France, doing the same as Bravado in the US. Money... 3 months iirc.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Surely if you're good enough you'll get sponsors? Or how does the other teams manage this?
They do have income streams. Streaming donations, donation drives (paid to), gaming academies, merchandising, sponsorships, influencing and prize money, amongst other. Influencing is a great income stream, publishers, manufacturers and brands pay a lot for influencing.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
They do have income streams. Streaming donations, donation drives (paid to), gaming academies, merchandising, sponsorships, influencing and prize money, amongst other. Influencing is a great income stream, publishers, manufacturers and brands pay a lot for influencing.
And they still can't hack it?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
And they still can't hack it?
It depends on how well they negotiate marketing deals. Obviously the lower they are ranked in tier groups, the harder it will be to broker a lucrative income stream.

They need to climb on streaming, all the big organisation stream and those streaming channels may also be monetised. I think they are struggling to be ‘worthwhile’ brand ambassadors.

According to their website, they are sponsored by Intel, Dell EMC and Alienware (which is Dell in any case). They need to renegotiate their position, there may be expectancies already in place, pending on their relationship status or start to approach new sponsors.

I don’t know their business model, it is easy to plead and state your case to the public, but without knowing the internals… well, they need marketing to establish growth.

Back between 2009-2014 when I still knew the inside outs and some esports organisations. Big dreams, ideas and plans, but no execution.

Bravado, in SA terms, is a success story, but lack money and that is a management issue.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Get part time jobs? Pays better than begging through crowdfunding ...... then again these are most of the time fancy lads who don't know real work

Recallza

Get part time jobs? Pays better than begging through crowdfunding ...... then again these are most of the time fancy lads who don't know real work
Their gaming is a full time job... You're confusing their type of gaming with your type of gaming :)

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Jobs? They will tell you that sleeping, eating and training is more important and that preparation is the only priority.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I've played league before, I know it's lot and lots of playing/training. Still not the same as a job, especially when you need money ;)

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Get some hot SA girl streamer playing League of Legends to show a tit or two with nipples, should get some nice donations for them.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Get local players for the team?

I recall the argument made that a South African team does not necessarily need South African players.