Top Websites - New number 1 in South Africa

Jan

Drifting in the black
Top Websites - New number 1 in South Africa

Effective Measure has released its website traffic statistics for April 2018, which show that Gumtree has replaced News24 as the largest website in South Africa.

Effective Measure is the official traffic measurement partner of the IAB South Africa and provides accurate traffic and demographics statistics for SA’s top websites.

According to the latest statistics, Gumtree attracted 5.3 million unique South African browsers in April, with News24 second with 5.1 million, and TimesLive third with 4.2 million.

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Gumtree still a PITA to navigate. Pop ups trying to get your attention, uuuuurgh.

Pixelbender

Gumtree still a PITA to navigate. Pop ups trying to get your attention, uuuuurgh.
Absolutely... EVERY SINGLE time, that I wait and wait and wait (knowing whats going to happen) to try and click on something, I STILL click on the ad that drops down, so annoying.

Also, with the new 15% VAT thing, I'm not surprised, in fact, I predicted it, not publicly, but I did.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
#10 should not even be ther due to its clickbait nature. And nor should the master baiters be proud of their #10 th position.

Trompie67

Expert Member
Absolutely... EVERY SINGLE time, that I wait and wait and wait (knowing whats going to happen) to try and click on something, I STILL click on the ad that drops down, so annoying.

Also, with the new 15% VAT thing, I'm not surprised, in fact, I predicted it, not publicly, but I did.
Adblock plus FTW. See zero popups, zero drop down rubbish. This is 2018, how can anyone not by using an ad blocker?

Pixelbender

For mobile? Not very keen on installing all sorts of Apps on my phone.

If gumtree could just block the space for the ad out until it loads, Id be happy

Adblock plus FTW. See zero popups, zero drop down rubbish. This is 2018, how can anyone not by using an ad blocker?

Trompie67

Expert Member
For mobile? Not very keen on installing all sorts of Apps on my phone.

If gumtree could just block the space for the ad out until it loads, Id be happy
Seriously? Not even one that is useful?

Works like a charm.