TopTV is dead. Long live StarSat!

labratza

Expert Member
wonder if the pricing is going to be the same and what channels they will have

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Thinking of switching back. Went over to DSTV for the sport, but decided it is too expensive. Their bouquets were not too bad and you could select any combination of bouquets (although not individual channels). Decoder much more responsive than dstv and sound channel quality significantly better.
Seriously good option if you don't want to pay R700/month.

labratza

Expert Member
Thinking of switching back. Went over to DSTV for the sport, but decided it is too expensive. Their bouquets were not too bad and you could select any combination of bouquets (although not individual channels). Decoder much more responsive than dstv and sound channel quality significantly better.
I fully agree with you and also with me been into rock/alternative music the kerang on toptv i enjoyd. hope they keep the same channels or get different channels but with the same genre

senyetse

I find the equivalently priced DSTV package (Compact) to have much better content than TopTV one for R269 (you can't compare DSTV premium, since TopTV has no equivalent package). The only area regarding content where TopTV beats DSTV hands down is music channels. DSTV has much better documentary, series and kids channels. TopTV decoder is much more responsive than DSTV's. But overall, I find DSTV to be of better quality.

You should have a look at DSTV Extra for R380.

Last edited:

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I sure I read when they hinted that this would be happening that it would be even cheaper.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I prefer the content on TopTV so I am worried about this. Hope they keep the channels I like.

rph72

Executive Member
I really hope they do not mess with the Discovery channels. :(

Sodan

Expert Member
“This is a legally binding process that allows for the company to continue to operate in the normal [-]cause[/-] course of business and to be restructured within the protective bubble of business rescue as per Chapter 6 of the Companies Act,” ODM said in a press statement issued at the launch.
Fixed.