TopTV is dead. Long live StarSat!

JustAsk

Expert Member
I prefer the content on TopTV so I am worried about this. Hope they keep the channels I like.
They won't remove the DEMS and GOP tv channels,relax. :)

Natgeo gold is added.NBA Tv will show live NBA matches.The nba feed is already in hd,but i think they'll "upgrade" it to official hd channel next year.I'll buy the hd decoder in Dec which will upscale the already good sd feed even better.HD content starts sometime next year.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
They won't remove the DEMS and GOP tv channels,relax. :)
Well thats false equivalence.

The Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch and is controlled by the GOP. It generally only runs pro Republican stuff, almost never critical of a Republican unless its someone Murdoch does not like. Ive noticed very little of the programming actually deals with politics directly. Sure you get the talk shows and a bit in the news hours, but most of it random filler news that has nothing to do with politics.

MSNBC is owned by a media company that has a liberal bias. While they might be bias towards dems, its not a tool the Democratic Party can use like Fox News is to the GOP. I have also noticed MSNBC are often critical of Democrats who are not performing as well. Nothing beats MSNBC for political debate and insight into Washington.

You cant compare them with a straight face or without resorting to a logical fallacy.

I love watching both stations because I like my propaganda to be balanced :) I dont listen to just one point of view, I get them all.

DSTV has CNN :sick:

rph72

Executive Member
Is there a place where one can get a sneak peek of the channels?

Found nothing on Lyngsat or is that site updated afterwards?

JustAsk

Expert Member
Relax,i like watching some O'Reilly sometimes,but i prefer aljazeera. Msnbc is too monotonous,everything is the same,presentation is boring,with that slow talking Sharpton taking the cake.I don't even know why Morning joe has that woman co-presenter because all she does is trying not to look stupid. Mnbc's feed is crap quality. I hope you are watching them with the remote in your hand because of that crap ad loop.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Relax,i like watching some O'Reilly sometimes,but i prefer aljazeera. Msnbc is too monotonous,everything is the same,presentation is boring,with that slow talking Sharpton taking the cake.I don't even know why Morning joe has that woman co-presenter because all she does is trying not to look stupid. Mnbc's feed is crap quality. I hope you are watching them with the remote in your hand because of that crap ad loop.
MSNBC do talk about an issue until you wanna cry. They cover it from so many angles that it does appear to be monotonous after a while. Its one of the reasons I like some of their content. No other channel goes in as deep on American political issues than MSNBC. No other. The ads can be frustrating. I prefer shows like Rachel Maddow.

You dont watch Al Jazeera for American politics (just like you dont watch MSNBC if you want to know whats happening in Venezuela). They are terrible in their reporting when it comes to anything American or Israeli. However, Al Jazeera is still one of my favorites because no other stations covers situations in dodgy 3rd world countries like they do.

profmuluka

they should have tried to resolve the pending court actions out of court before launching

HandyTechTipper

TopTV changes to StarSat – what’s gone and what’s new? (and for how much)

I did a quick compare of what's going and what's coming:
handytechtips.blogspot.com/2013/11/toptv-changes-to-starsat-whats-gone-and.html