Torrent Alternatives For SOUTH AFRICANS!

TheUndyingLord

How About USING FTP

I hope everybody feels the same about this. Okay here it goes. Is it just me that thinks torrents are only useful for something very very popular (because of seeding). So I had this major idea how about we just use a normal ftp server and allow people to add things.

I was wondering if anyone was even interested in this idea and who would want to join it if i made it?

ld13

Honorary Master
The poor FTP server. Uploading 10GB of ISOs will be so much fun! FTP server also so easy to target from a legal standpoint. A DC hub might be better suited imo.

TheUndyingLord

Yeah..But the reason i chose FTP is because it is the most well known and almost every body knows about it. I really think an idea like this should be implemented

ld13

Honorary Master
Yeah..But the reason i chose FTP is because it is the most well known and almost every body knows about it. I really think an idea like this should be implemented
How would 'everyone knowing about it' be to your advantage?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Who is paying for the server? That's one of the advantages of P2P, you basically have thousands of servers "splitting" the costs.

If you want decent speeds on a server with multiple clients connecting to it you're going to need some serious cash.

TheUndyingLord

hmmm....do you think people would do a subscription for pro type thing? or should i just rely on donations

Necuno

Court Jester
Second "TheUndyingLord" online pirate in SA pleads guilty, sentenced. FTP not so good idea after all...

TheUndyingLord

True this idea can never be implemented legally however I still think that this idea if implemented could really work. You never know maybe someone might just do it in the underground network

dj_jyno

Expert Member
No, won't work. Who is going to foot the bill for all the traffic from the FTP server to the downloaders?

TheUndyingLord

i was thinking of having different servers for paid and pro users that way pro users will get way less since i heavily i will have lots of pro users

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Sorry to break it to you but what you are talking about already exists, they're called file sharing sites.