Torrent Alternatives For SOUTH AFRICANS!

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
hmmm....do you think people would do a subscription for pro type thing? or should i just rely on donations

What are you hoping to make available? I am not aware of anything that is offered via torrents that isn't offered by other direct download means, that isn't illegal.

And while you can torrent to your hearts' content and be entirely ingored by the owner(s) of the content you're sharing or sharing in, nothing gets the spotlight on you faster than charging money for it.

Anyway, the FTP server for warez isn't new. It's been done for as long as the internet has been arround, for both legal and illegal content, and continues to be available if you know where to look.

Syphonx

Expert Member
ryushare, netload, upload, filegator, rapidshare, rapidgator, filefactory, zippyshare, etc etc etc etc already all do this.

Saba'a

Executive Member

Any good link or thread about WUGs in pretoria? Would like to chat to local WUG and see whether its worthwhile. Dont really game so not sure if it would make sense for me to invest in it. I know u need an aerial at least.

House

Banned
This will not work.

No company in the world will be able to foot the bill for setting up data centers, servers, IPs, bandwidth, storage, etc., etc. As the site grows Youtube will look like a small fry. Monthly expenses will exceed billions of rands. So, there is your first problem.

The only exception will be that this server is hosting illegal content. Not only will it be targeted by governments across the world, but anti-piracy groups will ensure prosecution like never before. If you are in SA, you will immediately be charged on a number of criminal charges. You will end up in jail running such an operation from this country. Some charges I can think of for now includes charges on the Copyright Act, Harmful Business Practices Act, Counterfeit Goods Act, Conspiracy to Commit Crime.....

Go watch some documentaries made on TPB founders and see what your life will be like once you go down this route, and their operation will not even be a 0.000001% match of what you suggested.

Nice dream, but try again.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
You can torrent in SA, just down Upload/download local content, I mean who would want this crap that we produce.

agentrfr

Expert Member
Epic fail.

@OP google the South African DC++ hub circleoffire.

/thread

Tinuva

The Magician
Epic fail.

@OP google the South African DC++ hub circleoffire.

/thread
That HUB seems dead. Like only 3 people on it right now (which includes me) and to join it they have this draconian setup procedure that is from the stone age. It's easier to get into nzbs with sickbeard, than it is joing circleoffire dc++ hub!

Last edited:

agentrfr

Expert Member
That HUB seems dead. Like on 3 people on it right now (which includes me) and to join it they have these draconian setup procedure that is from the stone age. It's easier to get into nzbs with sickbeard, than it is joing circleoffire dc++ hub!

Oh? That's a shame. Last time I was on, there were over 200 people and almost 100TB of linux distros.

@OP disregard my comment above. You're better off getting into nzbs.