Total value of estimated PowerBall jackpots sitting at R178 million

Dudlu

Expert Member
This Lotto crowd decided to use RNG instead of machines. So that's why live draws are not on TV anymore.

Theft must be happening. That's why they changed. I trust anything run or controlled by............

Nope.
Oh they used to pay two high profile presenters and a camera crew to film someone push a button and say "Your numbers are..." and now they don't have to pay anyone.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
This Lotto crowd decided to use RNG instead of machines. So that's why live draws are not on TV anymore.

Theft must be happening. That's why they changed. I trust anything run or controlled by............

Nope.
Always love a conspiracy theory

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So I have some money stuck in my Lotto account, I tried to do a withdrawal twice now, the money just reverses back the next day, anyone knows what's up with that?

Hansolo

I'm telling you there is some ANC ****ery going on here too.

I see anything or anyone ANC I think THIEF. I trust them ****all.

There was a lot more lotto ****ery going before this draw. Anc ain't worth ****.

The worst are the new automated scratch tickets. Nobody wins a prize higher than R50. What's the point? Or the prize pool is extremely small.

krycor

Honorary Master
Anything over R80m-120m is enough for most people to never worry for the rest of their lives or kids lives I reckon.

3WA

Honorary Master
Anything over R80m-120m is enough for most people to never worry for the rest of their lives or kids lives I reckon.

At a drawdown of 4% a year, R80 million gives you R3.2 million a year. Yeah, you'll survive ;)

Even R25 million with 4% drawdown gives you R1 million a year with which you can live very well.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So I have some money stuck in my Lotto account, I tried to do a withdrawal twice now, the money just reverses back the next day, anyone knows what's up with that?
FICA?

T's & C's: Author of this helpful post is entitled to commission amounting to 20% of amount in the Lotto account, if amount is more than R20m.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
FICA?

T's & C's: Author of this helpful post is entitled to commission amounting to 20% of amount in the Lotto account, if amount is more than R20m.
:ROFL: It's a very modest amount, I promise...

It could be FICA, but they are not saying anything, I will call them and hear what they say. I stopped playing from the bank's app because of the charges but theirs is proving just as troublesome, sometimes the deposits can take months before reflecting.

rvZA

Executive Member
Do they even pay out these huge amounts? I suspect they pay the winner an X percentage, then he receives payments in monthly installments. Not 100% sure on this though.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
You would be surprised.
There are a lot of cryface stories regarding these big winners.
Local and international

They cannot handle the sudden promotion to millionaire, go mental and spend everything within a few years and end up in debt somehow.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Do they even pay out these huge amounts? I suspect they pay the winner an X percentage, then he receives payments in monthly installments. Not 100% sure on this though.
They pay the huge amounts, that's why they give financial advice and counselling.

krycor

Honorary Master

No hookers. No blow. She's gonna donate some to charity :crying:

I know dream home etc. but I suspect that’s a slippery slope. Let’s hope she set a fixed budget and under quotes them when shopping around.

Reactions: 3WA

Temujin

Honorary Master
"A portion of the winnings will go towards building and furnishing our dream home, with the help of an interior designer and the best architect to ensure that everything I have always dreamt of as a little girl becomes exactly what I envisioned," she said
So a pink brobdingnagian monstrosity on the horizon.... can't wait :sick:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I know dream home etc. but I suspect that’s a slippery slope. Let’s hope she set a fixed budget and under quotes them when shopping around.
True, a normal home can end going way over budget, the only thing holding you back would be the depletion of funds. A dream home and what looks like an unlimited supply of money is indeed a slippery slope.

rvZA

Executive Member
They pay the huge amounts, that's why they give financial advice and counselling.

Yes, I know. I was asking the question, because I heard that above certain amounts they do not pay out all the funds to the winner. They do pay a percentage in lump sum and the rest in monthly premiums. Not sure if this is still the case.

R13...

Honorary Master
Yes, I know. I was asking the question, because I heard that above certain amounts they do not pay out all the funds to the winner. They do pay a percentage in lump sum and the rest in monthly premiums. Not sure if this is still the case.
That's America not here. Here you get all your loot and sent on your way with a warning to spend wisely.

ponder

Honorary Master

Must be a glitch with the BEE database :p

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's America not here. Here you get all your loot and sent on your way with a warning to spend wisely.

Even in the states you can get it all, but the big jackpots values they advertise are the total amount as it would be paid out over the 20 years (or whatever period it is). If you opt for the lump sum its just a lower value.