Tow-truck company owner bust with police hand radios

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Crooked tow truck operators. What IS this country coming to? :wtf:

The_MAC

Executive Member
Dont all of them do this?

I have personally seen this when I visited a friend of a friend whos dad was an owner of a few vulture-modified-bakkies i.e. tow-trucks.

I'm not sure if the radio's were police issued, or simply listening in on that frequency.

genetic

Honorary Master

Have you had your head buried in the sand for the last 50 years? They've always done this since radios and tow trucks crossed paths.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Have you had your head buried in the sand for the last 50 years? They've always done this since radios and tow trucks crossed paths.
It used to be listening in on certain channels. In this case it's different, the wire not modified radios

They found six SA Police Service radios, a war room base radio and two metro police radios.

REAList_1

And this is why we don't trust our police services.
It was "obtained" from them.
Wonder if it was reported as "lost".
Lol

Creag

The Boar's Rock

Not sure if sarcasm?

I am sure (at least I hope) that the above skeptic is applying sarcasm to the comment. Maybe it was quicker to type ":wtf:" than ":rolleyes:"? :p

Back on topic ... the only surprising bit here is that the police acted on this. My instinct says that it was the tip off of possible illegal guns that got them going. The SAPS hand sets were bonus. If this is such a big thing, they should be clamping down on all the rest of them too.