Toyota 1991 Twin Cab..Help !!

Pho3nix

The Legend
Hey there

Just replaced my carburetor and now the car wont idle..any thoughts ?
Trying to figure it out myself cuz I love car's and would love to fix it but if all else fails will get it towed to a mechanic. Heard the are "knobs" that need to be adjusted ?

Thoughts please...

saffakanera

Expert Member
Hey there

Trying to figure it out myself cuz I love car's and would love to fix it but if all else fails will get it towed to a mechanic. Heard the are "knobs" that need to be adjusted ?

Thoughts please...

dude just buy like a new Yaris or something, they dont give issues. 1991 is a bit old for a car hey, might be time to upgrade! :)

Fox1

Executive Member
The air screw om the carb is closed too much. You need to open the screw more until the engine can idle.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Workshop Manual

Hey there
Thoughts please...

Neigghhhh my Bru

If you loved cars so much you would have a workshop manual -- for the car as well as the carb -- where you could look up "idling-circuit"

Try AUTOBOOKS

Klaus

Air leak anywhere perhaps? Otherwise idling circuit like mentioned above, or even possibly choke.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Ok took awhile but it seems as though I got a faulty carburetor. It was using WAY to much petrol by overflow and there was an airleak as Klaus suggessted. On the road as we speak. :) thanks alot guys :)