Toyota Corolla 1.4 D4D 2014 Brake pads

lholhos

I have a 1.4 D4D toyota corolla and I have been looking for brake pad. This will be second set I will be putting. Last time Toyota Charged me R2400 for new rear pads including labour. I managed to get the rear replacement from Midas but I can't find the front brake pads. Toyota is selling them for R1500, no labour. I have tried Spare shops in and around Midrand but they just don't have these brake pads. Can you guys help me to source these without being shafted by Toyota?

essop1@gp

Second the goldwagen suggestion, they should have. Dealers charge too much for brake pads, well for anything.

lholhos

two sets of pads in two years, damn :wtf:

This is what I noticed, I said to the spare shops they must give me high quality brakes. They go so quick but then again the car is used as a meter taxi.

lholhos

Every 15 to 20k km...

rear ones gave me 22K and and front are have done 15K. Im used to cars with brakes that last upto 40K. Toyota is no longer the same in terms of quality on some models.

Kerdes

2014 Toyota Corolla 1.6 prestige

I have a 1.4 D4D toyota corolla and I have been looking for brake pad. This will be second set I will be putting. Last time Toyota Charged me R2400 for new rear pads including labour. I managed to get the rear replacement from Midas but I can't find the front brake pads. Toyota is selling them for R1500, no labour. I have tried Spare shops in and around Midrand but they just don't have these brake pads. Can you guys help me to source these without being shafted by Toyota?

Had the same issue with replacing front brake pads. R2400 @ Toyota including labour.
I paid R495 at Jimmys Motor Spares for parts and done it myself. A saving of R2000.