Toyota Rav 4 vs Chery Tiggo

gillsmiley

Im looking for some advice on which is the best to buy second hand. I see the Chery is selling for a lot less and lower milage. However i worry about the quality. Please advise

akescpt

Honorary Master
seriously. bit of a mismatch. if your budget allows go rav4. although the cherry's prices are nice. i would love to get feedback about the cherry as well.

RiaX

Expert Member
I wouldnt buy the cherry second hand, why is it being sold for a low mileage? and how low mileage?

intel8080

Banned
I don't know the cherry but I know a bit about the rav4. It is nice as long as you drive on tar or gravel BUT be very carefull when going off-road ! It has the most stupid suspension a off road vehicle can have. I don't even have to go into details. Just drive behind a rav4 and look at the suspension. You'll see what I mean.

Fazda

Honorary Master
This is a no brainer, I'm afraid.

Doesn't matter how cheap the Chery is, it's basically pissing money down the drain.

Poor guy tried to trade A Chery in with us 2 weeks ago and we could NOT get trade cover for it.

Horrible cars.

gillsmiley

thanks so much for the advice ;)
Any thoughts on a used Nissan X trail and Kia Sportage?

Fazda

Honorary Master
thanks so much for the advice ;)
Any thoughts on a used Nissan X trail and Kia Sportage?

Either one is about 110 0000000000000000000% better than a Chery.

Personally, I wouldn't buy either, but you are new here, so I will let you dig around and see what I would buy - it's fairly well documented...;) ;p

RiaX

Expert Member
I would not buy a cherry or rav TBH. Lets get more details. What you want the vehicle for, and how much money are you willing to spend.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Either one is about 110 0000000000000000000% better than a Chery.
That's what you say today, but a few years from now when you are working at GWM or Cherry you'll be singing a different tune.

RiaX

Expert Member
That's what you say today, but a few years from now when you are working at GWM or Cherry you'll be singing a different tune.

ROFL, in a few years they might become epic ? dont forget geely bought of volvo they got the sweedish engineers now

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yes, they will.

Look at what Mercedes did in 100 years (1886 to 1996), then look at what Toyota did in 50 years (1940 to 1990), then Hyundai in 25 years (1980 to 2005)...
The Chinese are already making good cars, imagine what they will achieve in 12 years from now... then image where Fazda will be working.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Rav4 by far the better option
Resale value
Dependability
Safety
Parts availability and price.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
All valid points although I would never let resale value dictate what car I drive. I am not going to get any pleasure or satisfaction from the knowledge that I might get a few more rand for the car when I sell it.

gillsmiley

Hehe, ok, im a 27 year old girl who recently got married and i want to start a family soon, i also am only now in the process of getting my license. I know, i know, lol. budget is small, looking at 100K so second hand obviously. Was thinking SUV. So we looking for a family car, but something light on fuel and easy to maintain (cant pay a fortune if i have a bumper bashing) Any advise appreciated ;)

Lupus

Honorary Master
SUV's are not family cars, try looking at a good second hand sedan instead. Even a mid sized hatch would be fine. You'd be amazed at what you can squeeze into a hatch.