Toyota SA's "Baby Fortuner" aka Toyota Rush

nazmo

I totally forgot about that 1.2 Motor lol. And we testdrove a CHR... maybe im underestimating the cost impact of a different motor.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I totally forgot about that 1.2 Motor lol. And we testdrove a CHR... maybe im underestimating the cost impact of a different motor.
I think their most trusted 1.6 NA motor in the Quest would not have bankrupted them. 90kw and 154Nm, I would be very happy with that and it would be on par with the Honda and Suzuki engines.

thechamp

Honorary Master
A 1.5 engine in a baby SUV? I'd expect at least a 1.6 turbo diesel with 80 kW or so.
The Duster still rolls with their own 1.6l, 77kw petrol engine. Toyota is well known for doing just enough to get by in their products, in this case they did more than that and i'll have to admit, besides that engine there is nothing much to complain about.

Last edited:

Craig

Honorary Master
That's a cheap dacia, I think most people fully expect that to be a pos.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Really has the ingredients of a good looking car, shame that it's too narrow which butchers the looks.
Diff whine is good, you know that diff is going to last forever when it whines.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Ignition GT review

[video=youtube_share;aWYY4CpxlYA]https://youtu.be/aWYY4CpxlYA[/video]

boggom

Would make an interesting read. My guess on rank is Duster (especially with the new model imminent), Rush, Honda, H2. I do believe the BRV offers more value for money than the Rush though.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Would make an interesting read. My guess on rank is Duster (especially with the new model imminent), Rush, Honda, H2. I do believe the BRV offers more value for money than the Rush though.
You are very mistaken in putting the Haval last, forgetting its origins for a moment and just looking at facts and figures, it is the best value for money in that group.

Last edited: