Toyota Tazz 1.3 struggling to accelerate at high revs

Mrgoodes

Hi All

First time posting here so i hope this is the right place to put this.

I have a Toyota Tazz 1.3 that i been driving for over 5 years now and never had any problems.

Recently over the past few months, when ever i accelerate on high revs, the car struggles to accelerate and feels
like it is really struggling. If im going up a hill, it feels like it wants to cut out. Yesterday i was leaving the shops to
come home and it just stalled, refused to start.

I dont know if the two are related but it concerns me that the car struggles to accelerate like this. Often it doesnt happen immediately but always seems to occur going up to 60 KM. I have checked the spark plugs and no visible issues there.

Please can someone advise me as i cant seem to find anything specific online.

netcruiser

My old Tazz had a similar issue and it helped to use lower octane petrol. Don't know what the core issue was though.

boanergesza1

Check the air filter is clean. Then check the fuel filter (they are clear so you should see any obstructions).
Then check the spark plug leads. I have it on a '87 corolla were one of the leads was shot and it caused a similar issue.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Isn't that car supposed to use LRP? Because if you're using unleaded in it and it's supposed to not, your valves will recide and eventually burn. This will cause slow down, struggling to pull off and sometimes misfire.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Check spark plug leads, had something similar in my old Sentra struggling to accelerate.

Not an expensive fix actually.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Check fuel filters and pipe for leaks.
Just had the same issue with my wife's Opel and it was the pipe that was suckin in air at higher revs.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Try putting your foot out of the door and help by pushing.

Fuel filter blocked.