Tracking a cat that likes roaming

R4ziel

Expert Member
Hey guys

I have a bit of a problem with my kitty, he seems to go roaming about every month, and its always an issue to get him back as we go looking for him and find him at random peoples houses. Although this is not an issue to eventually find him at someones house, it causes quite a bit of stress when he is away not knowing what potentially happened to him.

I have had a look around and GPS technology is not as advanced as I would have hoped to be in order to find him.

What options do I have to know where he has gone or get some sort of tracking to know distance at least so I can pinpoint an area, anyone have any experience with these kinds of things?

Last edited:

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Hmmm... now where is that thread about that cat that got stuck in that Great Dane's mouth?
Think it was posted 4 months ago.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Now, how to track all the wild birds he's killed and the litters of babies he's creating?

R4ziel

Expert Member
There are very good GPS collars for dogs. Surely there would be the same for cats?
Well yes, this is exactly what I am after, and why I am asking if anyone has had any experience with similar devices or what the alternatives are. Some of them are extremely bulky, and the battery only lasts for 2-5 days