Traffic cop literally goes the extra mile while hanging onto moving car's bonnet

Jopie Fourie

This traffic officer went the extra mile as he tried to stop a motorist from dodging a fine in Krugersdorp on Friday.

In a 17-second video that went viral on social media on Tuesday, a Gauteng traffic police officer can be seen hanging on to the bonnet of a moving vehicle.

To the officer's relief, law enforcement managed to block the vehicle and bring it to a stop.

According to a statement from the Gauteng Department of Community Safety, the officer was in the process of issuing the driver with a traffic fine for using a cellphone while driving.

The belligerent driver chose to drive away with the officer desperately clinging to the car's bonnet

"The conduct displayed by the driver is not only reckless but also smacks of arrogance," said department spokesperson Ofentse Morwane.

The driver was arrested for failing to comply with the traffic officer, reckless driving and resisting arrest. She also received a fine for driving while using a cellphone.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Good. Its because of law enforcement that they are no longer respected. Chickens coming home to roost.

phly

Expert Member
I only have one question - About the driver ... how did he manage to both keep his eyes on the road as he drove off whilst still holding the phone steady to capture from the back window with added commentary?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I only have one question - About the driver ... how did he manage to both keep his eyes on the road as he drove off whilst still holding the phone steady to capture from the back window with added commentary?
Passenger in car did the filming...

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
How dare you assume the gender of the FEMALE driver?

S.Claus

Pure comedy gold :ROFL: .Why did they cut the part where the driver says "there's a whole fkn patrol van" ?

RaptorSA

Expert Member
:ROFL: :ROFL:
Everyone has it wrong.
That's just what your car's grill looks like when you drive through a swarm of Southern African Bribe Beetles.

I periodically clean them off with some white vinegar and a sponge, the air resistance from their fat asses kills fuel consumption and their KFC oil stains ruins your paintwork.

Last edited:

Acid0

Expert Member
I bet you the driver will sue her for damaging his/her vehicle ......