Traffic fines might come to you via email

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
Don't know whether this is good or bad :p

At least with the current system you can lie that you never got the fine

QuintonB

BusinessTech Staff
The Justice Project SA has dismissed the report.

JPSA: no traffic fines by email

Reports that traffic fines could be emailed to motorists were incorrect, Justice Project South Africa (JPSA) said in a statement on Monday.

“Nowhere in the proposed amendments is it contemplated that an ordinary motor vehicle owner or driver will have infringement notices delivered to them ‘by email’,” said chairman Howard Dembovsky.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
And if you change email address's how they going to handle - This will not work anyway.

McSack

Executive Member
Oh puhleas! ... they can't even get physical and postal addresses right ... how are they going to keep track of emails?

I can just imagine one of their "one-finger-typing wonders" trying to capture email addies while changing their minds manually with the other finger :wtf:

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Oh puhleas! ... they can't even get physical and postal addresses right ... how are they going to keep track of emails?

I can just imagine one of their "one-finger-typing wonders" trying to capture email addies while changing their minds manually with the other finger :wtf:

:D

marco

Expert Member
I have recently renewed my car license and see that they have changed the form. Below the fee they have added a box with "Outstanding Fines" so the 2 are added together. No pay, no license.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Completely illegal. They try to get away with it, but if you were to challenge them legally, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on...

Precisely...

They would be forcing people to break the law which the courts would take a very very dim view of.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
I have recently renewed my car license and see that they have changed the form. Below the fee they have added a box with "Outstanding Fines" so the 2 are added together. No pay, no license.
That's been on the GP license form for ages...