Traffic police not involved with e-toll checks: community safety department

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Why exactly would SANRAL have this type of equipment, they're not a law enforcement body.

R13...

Honorary Master
Well they do have to identify cloned registrations and cars with outstanding toll fees

grok

Honorary Master
“The department is just using Sanral resources and equipment because we do not have our own,” Moiloa said.

Only in Africa ..

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Well they do have to identify cloned registrations and cars with outstanding toll fees

They would not need mobile equipment for this, that would be handled by the systems in the gantries etc.

kianm

Honorary Master
FaQ . I smell bull. If it's nothing to do with sanrail and etolls then why would they ask why people were driving with no etags etc

j4ck455

Executive Member
Curious that this "law enforcement" seems to be exclusively centred around the etrolling on/offramps.

I highly doubt that people driving around with cloned number plates would only use those fake number plates on the etrolling roads. If the oinking activity this week has nothing to do with etrolling, why are the metro piggies not setting up oinking roadblocks on alternate routes (in addition to the etrolling on/offramps)?