Trans weightlifter Laurel Hubbard set to make history at Tokyo Olympics

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
If it happens that Hubbard ends up on a pathologist's slab, his skeleton/bones will instantly reveal to a pathologist or archeologist the reality that he was a male.
Allowing a male to compete in female sports is nothing more than gender based violence and it is hard to understand why the feminist lobby is silent on this issue.
One of the news articles spoke about a snatch but it's odd that biology never gave him one at birth.

Can you take your transphobic cr@p and shove off!

thestaggy

Honorary Master

I think the ''No thank you'' in this context is ''No thanks you, I'm not answering that''.

This places biological females in a horrible position.

They will be fully aware of the advantage a trans athlete will have over them but also fully aware that the media, and specifically social media, will be waiting with pitchforks if they don't say the right things.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Perhaps the difference is that these are categories based on weight. A man and woman in the same weight category should have similar strengths (in weightlifting it's likely the weight is primarily muscle mass in both cases). Perhaps the gender difference is smaller in these types of sport because of the weight based categories.

No!! In weight lifting men will have an even greater advantage. Bone and muscle in men is much stronger than women.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Looks like Hubbard gave up on purpose?

How is this even Olympic material? Isn't Olympics for the fittest of the fittest or the strongest of the strongest?

So in the end, after all the hype and standing up for diversity, it was one big massive joke?

Last edited:

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member

How is this even Olympic material? Isn't Olympics for the fittest of the fittest or the strongest of the strongest?

So in the end, after all the hype and standing up for diversity, it was one big massive joke?

If it won then there would be wide condemnation that "former men" have a clear advantage.

By failing it has given a voice to the other side of the argument that its ok for its to compete.

RedViking

Nord of the South
If it won then there would be wide condemnation that "former men" have a clear advantage.

By failing it has given a voice to the other side of the argument that its ok for its to compete.
All it did was make a massive joke out of it all

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

I would say no, but Hubbard tried to compete against the best two in the competition when the aim should have been to aim to go bronze. You can see Hubbard’s competition history, the pattern is clear, and as I have said in my previous post, how Hubbard approached the Olympics isn’t irregular, but it hasn’t won Hubbard any medals at other competitions. From my view, it was gold or nothing when only bronze was within reach.

Hubbard did compete, but set the bar too high. We do sports as we practice, but at competition you as a person also becomes an obstacle which even the best at times struggle to overcome.

Cray

Honorary Master
I would say no, but Hubbard tried to compete against the best two in the competition when the aim should have been to aim to go bronze. You can see Hubbard’s competition history, the pattern is clear, and as I have said in my previous post, how Hubbard approached the Olympics isn’t irregular, but it hasn’t won Hubbard any medals at other competitions. From my view, it was gold or nothing when only bronze was within reach.

Hubbard did compete, but set the bar too high. We do sports as we practice, but at competition you as a person also becomes an obstacle which even the best at times struggle to overcome.
This, she was competing against two seriously impressive woman... I think her second lift was ruled illegal by two judges to one so it's not like she tanked intentionally..

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

No it just shows us what a huge ****ing loser he is.