Transfer of Eskom

Defib

Expert Member
Hello folks

I have tried googling and even Eksdom website but it crashes each time i try

So here we go, MYBB to the rescue.

I am in the process of selling my house and would need to transfer the Eskom to the new owner. Its not pre-paid and would like my deposit back lol.

Does anyone know the notice period and the process?

ost

Transfer attorneys will take care of this.

The new owner will go register with Eskom, you don't need to do it.

Once a final reading is taken they will credit your account with the deposit amount and you will be refunded accordingly.

isie

Honorary Master
Hello folks

I have tried googling and even Eksdom website but it crashes each time i try

So here we go, MYBB to the rescue.

I am in the process of selling my house and would need to transfer the Eskom to the new owner. Its not pre-paid and would like my deposit back lol.

Does anyone know the notice period and the process?
Transfer attorneys will take care of this.

The new owner will go register with Eskom, you don't need to do it.

Once a final reading is taken they will credit your account with the deposit amount and you will be refunded accordingly.
Although this is supposed to be the process, but the previous owner and I had to go in and do this ourselves, he went in and had to fill out some forms they gave a ref, and i had to go in within a day or 2 with that ref, to have it changed over to me, that was quick, just FYI the refund can take forever.

Defib

Expert Member
Although this is supposed to be the process, but the previous owner and I had to go in and do this ourselves, he went in and had to fill out some forms they gave a ref, and i had to go in within a day or 2 with that ref, to have it changed over to me, that was quick, just FYI the refund can take forever.
I dont trust the lawyer process

isie

Honorary Master
I dont trust the lawyer process
Depends on the Lawyers when i sold my first place the Rates never got transferred out of my name - I had to keep going to COJ offices with the buyer and flip it took long (i'm talking years later ) - but the place i bought they got it done quick (The agent the seller used referred them) - so when i sold that place i used the same lawyers and they got it transferred off my name quick.