Transformation group demands "racist" FNB close EOH bank accounts

noxibox

Honorary Master
Sounds like another version of the nonsense around medical aids detecting more fraud amongst doctors of certain races and various groups of idiots jumping to the conclusion that the fraud detection systems were racist.

Banks are amoral and have a long history of despicable behaviour, but they do it to everyone. All that stuff about the importance of ethics, fair treatment, valuing you as a customer, it's all marketing lies.

However regardless if you truly believe these particular banks are racist in closing bank accounts, declining loans and repossessions the solution is really quite simple. Don't approach them for loans or bank accounts. Black people are the majority and there are plenty of middle class and wealthy black people. I don't understand why you'd seek to borrow money from or open any account at a bank that you claim to know is going to discriminate against you based on your race.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Surprised b that there was no demand for FNB to class its doors.

Unreal

No one should be surprised that banks are racist. No one should be surprised that racists are racist. Everyone protects what they value in whatever form.
Dads with daughters discriminate against boys- they may accept one or two (once they get to know them) but still have an inherent hate for the rest.
It’s just unfortunate that these “racists” were able to leverage their position long ago and they still hold on to today. They will never love blacks no matter how much they protest.
2nd problem is the blacks that are in position to reverse the advantage gained by these racists have forgotten their own people which makes them worse that the racists.
Moral of the story, run your own race (excuse the pun), nobody will place your needs above their own.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I've been a Barclays bank er, sorry FNB customer since they were Barclays. Sho, I'm old!
They definitely don't love me haha
Oh, SNAP!

They positively hate me.

And AFAICR, most FNB employees are black - especially in their Legal Department. You know, the same department that repossesses homes, cars, TVs, etc - go figure!

cpu.

Executive Member
No one should be surprised that banks are racist. No one should be surprised that racists are racist. Everyone protects what they value in whatever form.
Dads with daughters discriminate against boys- they may accept one or two (once they get to know them) but still have an inherent hate for the rest.
It’s just unfortunate that these “racists” were able to leverage their position long ago and they still hold on to today. They will never love blacks no matter how much they protest.
2nd problem is the blacks that are in position to reverse the advantage gained by these racists have forgotten their own people which makes them worse that the racists.
Moral of the story, run your own race (excuse the pun), nobody will place your needs above their own.
What will change for you, if FNB and ABSA is no more:

Will you suddenly get a loan even if you have no credit record?
Will you be able to stop paying your car and still keep it?
Will you receive a better interest rate?
Will your new bank do you any favours, even if you are new to banking?

What will make any other bank better?

Corelli

Expert Member
I hated banking with FNB so I closed my account.

Honestly the worst bank to deal with ever.

Long Queues
Pathetic Internet Banking system
Have to ask consultant whenever I want to draw large sums (its my money)

Now with Standard. Best online banking ever. Robots run everything.

Reactions: Swa

3WA

Honorary Master
What’s made you so loyal?

I thought I could change them. When we first met, they made me feel electrified. Even though we don't share many hobbies, the conversation always flowed.

As the years passed, we drifted apart. I'm not gonna lie, I've looked at other banks. And I know they have other customers. But I'm not the jealous sort. They can run around with their other customers as long as they come home to me. It's not an easy relationship, but no relationship is easy.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Have people in this country got no original ideas to make money? Who funds a "pressure group" anyway?
How will SA ever build anything?

Last edited: