Travel around or through Gauteng?

wimmelman

So we booked a Durban holiday for the school holidays but to get there we need to get the the other side of Gauteng. According to the gazette "transiting through gauteng" is allowed but according to our minister of police "everybody that will be getting out of or in will have a permit".

So what to do...? Any advice is appreciated.

Priapus

Executive Member
So we booked a Durban holiday for the school holidays but to get there we need to get the the other side of Gauteng. According to the gazette "transiting through gauteng" is allowed but according to our minister of police "everybody that will be getting out of or in will have a permit".

So what to do...? Any advice is appreciated.
Interprovincial travel is not allowed. So no school holiday in Durban until the restrictions have been lifted.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
So are they going to stop all those Zuma supporters who are allegedly "driving down to KZN" even as we speak? :ROFL:

wimmelman

As far as I understand interprovincial travel is allowed. What happens if you need to get from Rustenburg to Durban or Limpopo to the Western Cape? Do you have to drive around Gauteng?

R13...

Honorary Master
As far as I understand interprovincial travel is allowed. What happens if you need to get from Rustenburg to Durban or Limpopo to the Western Cape? Do you have to drive around Gauteng?
You're allowed to transition through Gauteng. They might ask for proof of your home base and destination though. They no longer have those level 5 road blocks so small chance you're stopped.

Drifter

Honorary Master
You're allowed to transition through Gauteng. They might ask for proof of your home base and destination though. They no longer have those level 5 road blocks so small chance you're stopped.
Wrong, they are setting up road blocks at all the major entry/exit points. You can only travel out of Gauteng for work, or for returning home. If for leisure, you will have to go around.

neoprema

Executive Member
So I’m about to return to Gauteng from CPT after doing work and this morning I get a notification to fill out a form and have it signed by a police officer. Lol they knew about this from Monday!

noxibox

Honorary Master
Legally you’re allowed to drive through for any reason, but unfortunately you have to keep in mind most of the police are idiots and the muppet minister is undoubtedly on another of his little power trips. Unlikely they can put roadblocks on every possible route in and out though.