RedViking

Nord of the South
Also remember the most important items:

1. Duct tape
2. Flashlight
3. Shotgun / Crowbar

geezer

Expert Member
So I’m about to return to Gauteng from CPT after doing work and this morning I get a notification to fill out a form and have it signed by a police officer. Lol they knew about this from Monday!
I would drive up on the N1, then just after the Kroonvaal toll gate, get onto the R59 and continue onwards to Gauteng with it. AFAIK there's no roadblocks on that route, but I know for a fact that they're stopping vehicles at the Grasmere toll plaza.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
As with non-payment of etolls. The time has come for mass civil disobedience on these crackdowns laws. I for one would circumvent the communist control system by any means.

Nuke

As with non-payment of etolls. The time has come for mass civil disobedience on these crackdowns laws. I for one would circumvent the communist control system by any means.
What they are afraid of I guess, they are losing control. Try to make scary new laws to stop people from just ignoring them. There is no real way to enforce it, there is not enough enforcers to cover every dirt road across the border.

SueC

I would drive up on the N1, then just after the Kroonvaal toll gate, get onto the R59 and continue onwards to Gauteng with it. AFAIK there's no roadblocks on that route, but I know for a fact that they're stopping vehicles at the Grasmere toll plaza.

Will they let us through if we have proof that we are returning home to the eastern cape?

SueC

Will they let us through if we have proof that we are returning home to the eastern cape?

ponder

Honorary Master
So we booked a Durban holiday for the school holidays but to get there we need to get the the other side of Gauteng. According to the gazette "transiting through gauteng" is allowed but according to our minister of police "everybody that will be getting out of or in will have a permit".

So what to do...? Any advice is appreciated.

Where in gauteng do you live?

GachiBILLY

Have you managed to find anything? It's so annoying that you cannot travel anywhere without being scared that they are going to close everything the next day. My wife and I want to go to Costa Rica, but we don't know if they are going to go into a lockdown or set absurd conditions for anyone who is entering there. We've found some interesting tours from Costa Rica Focus and we would love to rent a boat to see more places, but maybe we are going to postpone this adventure until everything is going to be safe

Last edited:

geezer

Expert Member
Have you managed to find anything?
In the latest level 4 lockdown regulations a new document, Form 6 was added. If you need to transit through Gauteng to get to another province, you need to complete this document which is a sworn affidavit that needs to be done at a magistrate's court or police station.

Attachments

• Level4 Form 6.pdf
    292.8 KB · Views: 4