Travel as you knew it is over, says Airbnb CEO

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I think he under estimates most people. There will be way more than enough idiots with money, who wants to show facebook friends how they travel and waste.

Tanarri

Give it five years... Old routines will be back. There is nothing like seeing the exotic corners of the earth (for people who can afford it). Such is the ingrained nature of human curiosity.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Times will change, the way things will change? WTF!!! People this thing is a virus, we've faced worse and it barely was a blip on the radars of humanity.

Joe Average

I think he under estimates most people. There will be way more than enough idiots with money, who wants to show facebook friends how they travel and waste.

Oh yes, things will be back to "normal" in 6 month's time... and then those "idiots" would want to over-compensate for the loss in FOMO that they had to endure. There are just too many socialite junkies out there who cannot survive without constant physical attention.

Aluroth

I would love to travel again. Why would you not want to explore the world?

Reactions: Ykv

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
You jealous?
Not at the least. I don't like traveling at all. Detest it, almost as much as I detest people. I spent a lot of money on my house, so that I don't have to leave it.
I'd like to see some places, like Stonehenge, but just the thought of that exhausting driving and flying and airports and people crowding.... etc, puts me off completely. More than enough High Def videos and pictures of the place, in the comfort of my own home.
And if I do feel like going out, there is more than enough places I could go that's less than 150km away from me. More than enough beautiful beaches, rivers, fields, mountains etc, in my own back yard.

RedViking

Nord of the South

Not their fault you don't have money or know how to save.

chrisc

Executive Member
There are many places to explore in SA and Namibia. When these are done and dusted, then we will go back overseas - maybe in 3 or 4 years

Danish couple (24 and 26) who stayed in my B&B from 18th March (they were trapped here) leave on 1st August via Lufthansa. Single ticket is R29000 to Frankfurt but they are paying in Danish Krone, so less pain

They enjoyed it in Montagu, went for mountain walks, met farmers. Not so stuffy Danish anymore and like walking around barefoot like their Afrikaans neighbours, walking the dogs, having braais