Travel between provinces

Okty

Expert Member
Is travel between provinces still forbidden, or must you have a permit to travel?

If you want to go visit a 'brick and mortar' store to buy items in another province, can one obtain a permit?

Thanks

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You'll need a permit.

Good luck getting one to go shopping.

Shaun108

Executive Member
I went to the local copshop last week and spoke to the guy in charge. I told him I need to go to Mpumalanga to get essential parts to repair my industrial equipment. Was issued, no questions asked.

K4shy

The wife drove to durban with her a few relatives. No issues never got stopped once.

Toxic T

Expert Member
Drove down to kzn last week from JHB. No issues going down. Car broke down on the way back. Had to be put on a flat back. There was a few roadblocks on the way back. Even late at night. Lucky we were on the flat back.

Okty

Expert Member
I went to the local copshop last week and spoke to the guy in charge. I told him I need to go to Mpumalanga to get essential parts to repair my industrial equipment. Was issued, no questions asked.
Thanks, will go and hear if my stuff is classified as essential.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Drove down to kzn last week from JHB. No issues going down. Car broke down on the way back. Had to be put on a flat back. There was a few roadblocks on the way back. Even late at night. Lucky we were on the flat back.
You were in the car on the back of a truck?

thechamp

Honorary Master
Thanks, will go and hear if my stuff is classified as essential.
Remember, it has nothing to do with your stuff being essential or not, it's all about the ability of the guy in uniform to listen to reason. If they don't do not be discouraged, just go back another time or to a different police station.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Remember, it has nothing to do with your stuff being essential or not, it's all about the ability of the guy in uniform to listen to reason. If they don't do not be discouraged, just go back another time or to a different police station.
Yip. Here they are as thick as cow schit. Only give a permit to travel for a funeral. That's it.

Tun@

Expert Member
Durban to Cape Town & back, not stopped but more good luck than anything. Probably 7 cop stops going there & a few less coming back.

daveza

Honorary Master
I assume travelling from CPT to like George is fine?

You need a permit to travel to a different district.

So Cape Town to George - you need a permit.

However you do not need a permit to travel to a place of worship anywhere in your province.

So if you are stopped, tell them you are going to church in George.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
You need a permit to travel to a different district.

So Cape Town to George - you need a permit.

However you do not need a permit to travel to a place of worship anywhere in your province.

So if you are stopped, tell them you are going to church in George.
lol, got you.