Trellidor alternatives?

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Anyone able to recommend alternatives to Trellidor for home security?
Hoping to get a few quotes for comparison.

Area: Parklands, CPT

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I opted for Maxidor after getting CRAZY quotes from Trellidor and honestly couldn't have been happier.
Trellidor quoted R22k for 3 small windows (60*80cm) and security gates for my front and patio door :/

ponder

Honorary Master
xpanda

If you live by the coast make sure it's aluminium!

Pilgrim

Wugger
I have 3 magnador slamlock security gates and am extremely happy with it. They installed it extremely well and very quickly here in Parow, Cape Town.

SAguy

Expert Member
I have 3 magnador slamlock security gates and am extremely happy with it. They installed it extremely well and very quickly here in Parow, Cape Town.
You're lucky.. our magnador was fitted very poorly. Bolted into the edge of the plaster and was removed by burglars in less than 10 seconds. They did a much better job the second time around though.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You could try and find a RhinoDoor installer as well...

They're sort of half way between Xpanda trash and Trellidor/Maxidor...

saturnz

Honorary Master
I opted for Maxidor after getting CRAZY quotes from Trellidor and honestly couldn't have been happier.
me too, also they have much better after market service than trellidor and the product itself just seems of a much better build quality

my first two security gates were by trellidor, but the one failed and I replaced it with a Maxidor, I purchased two other doors by Maxidor after that with no problems

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Maxidoor and Magnadoor wil be taking measurements today and quote accordingly.

The others haven't gotten back to me so I will have to pick between these two.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Maxidoor and Magnadoor wil be taking measurements today and quote accordingly.

The others haven't gotten back to me so I will have to pick between these two.
That was exactly my experience as I had to beg them to come out and then the lead times were crazy and I wanted stuff fitted urgently after a break in.

But now I just can't remember who it was exactly.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
That was exactly my experience as I had to beg them to come out and then the lead times were crazy and I wanted stuff fitted urgently after a break in.

But now I just can't remember who it was exactly.
In my case, this is the only thing stopping me from moving in so I also need it done quite urgently.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
In my case, this is the only thing stopping me from moving in so I also need it done quite urgently.
Well you are doing it the right way then.

My mistake was saying to myself "I'll do it later". They broke in like a month after we moved in.

Cius

Executive Member
I just picked up an xpanda door at Builders and a friend helped me install it last Friday. Did require some know how to do though.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I just picked up an xpanda door at Builders and a friend helped me install it last Friday. Did require some know how to do though.
And all they require is a basic hammer to remove. Those xpanda doors from Builders are rubbish.