Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

rvZA

Expert Member

Left-wing comedian Trevor Noah was the focus of intense criticism this week following a segment on his Wednesday show in which he criticized Israel's handling of the ongoing conflict with Hamas.

During the segment, Noah compared the conflict between Israel and the terrorist organization to a fight between him and his little brothers, suggesting that because Israel was more powerful, it shouldn't fight back when attacked by Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist group in control of the Gaza Strip.

"If you were in a fight where the other person cannot beat you, how hard should you retaliate when they try to hurt you?" Noah said, before giving the analogy using him and his brothers as examples.

MightyQuin

Not amused...

Temujin

Honorary Master
He wants proportionate response... palestines brought knives to a gun fight as he said, he wants israel to only use knives too, ie, palestine fired hundreds of rockets at civilian targets, and so israels response should be firing hundreds of rockets at civilian targets and nothing more;):popcorn:

Mach III

Expert Member
"Suggesting Israel not defend itself"

This post is not news but a red-herring...

He didn't say that. He's just misquoted intentionally by Fox Entertainment to get the low iq's fuming.

Even if we play with his analogy of older and younger brothers. The older brother is not gonna let the younger brother win and not defend himself.

How can people be so gullible.

PS I don't watch Trevor Noah, but he is almost always right.

Mach III

Expert Member
Just watched the episode, he says, "honest question: when a side that cannot beat you, tries to hurt you. How hard should you retaliate?"

"I'm not trying to answer the question, nor do I think I am smart enough to solve it."

This is spun by Fox Entertainment as "don't defend yourself"

Low IQ's..
"Revoke his visa", " he's tired of 1st world" , "virtue signalling fukface"

They walk amongst us..

#KarenismOverload
#canceltuckercarlson
#cancelfoxentertainment
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Just watched the episode, he says, "honest question: when a side that cannot beat you, tries to hurt you. How hard should you retaliate?"

"I'm not trying to answer the question, nor do I think I am smart enough to solve it."

This is spun by Fox Entertainment as "don't defend yourself"

Low IQ's..
"Revoke his visa", " he's tired of 1st world" , "virtue signalling fukface"

They walk amongst us..

#KarenismOverload
#canceltuckercarlson
#cancelfoxentertainment
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Glad to see some common sense in this thread. Thank you.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Peace in the middle East.
The original oxymoron if there ever was one.
If only they can agree that enough is enough.
Then Israel should stop illegally occupying settlements. Hamaz should stop firing rockets at Israel, and trying to expand Palestine.

Israel strong. Poor Palestinians... But what would it look like if Palestine was the strong party one might ask. Any guesses?

The British created Israel on 14 May 1948. The very next day neighbouring Arab countries (not Palestine - There was no Palestine - That's what the British called the land they occupied, before that it was Ottoman - Oh there as Philistia at some point but the gods they worshipped were Dagan, Astarte and Beelzebub) attacked and on 22 September 1948 the State of Palestine was declared. Like 6 months later. All part of the territory the British donated to the Jews. Quickly ratified by all Arab countries (no surprise). But not by any non-Arab country. No surprise. Palestine was only internationally recognised in 1988. I was already in school by then!

And before anybody mentions ancient history... This is the history of Jerusalem alone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem
We have Jews. We have Babylon. We have Egypt. We have Rome. Greeks. We have Syrians. We have Turks. Persians. Hell... Freaking Hyksos are in there too. It's a wonder the Mongols were never there.
Before British occupation it was part of the Ottoman Empire. Before that the Syrians. During both pre British Empire eras (they did not invent colonialism by a long shot), the region was mainly Muslim and Arabic speaking. But hey... Before that was Christian occupation during the crusades. And before that Babylon and Rome, Persia (long before Islam was a twitch in back of Muhammed's head) and the rest.
I mean heck... Spain was occupied by Muslim nations at one point. Do they maybe think they still have a claim?

At some point the people in the middle east have to accept the borders they have. Israel. Palestine. And the lot. And oh... Muslims should stop believing that every square km on the planet should be inhabited by Muslims only. That would be good. It's not a very "Peaceful" attitude. The British thought it was a good idea, and look where that got us. Was British occupation fair? Hmm. Who's to really say in the crazy history of empires before the modern day? Was building a Mosque on the temple mount fair? Islam as a concept started in the 7th century. The mosque was build, after Muslim expansion, and then occupation of Jerusalem only a hundred or so years later. But yeah. History again. Still. It was the most holy site of the Jewish people. They had their most important temple there 3000 years ago already.

But yeah... Anyway. Religion is not really something I care much about. Holy wars never end well if history is a judge.

There's nothing fair in the history of that land. There was only might makes right. If they want fairness now - Then they ALL need to start being fair now. Until then. What the bloody hell business do people from outside the Middle-East have to dictate what is fair? Does Noah even have a clue about the history of the Levant? I doubt it considering what he's spouting. No. They, the people there, have to figure it out. For the sake of their peoples. As well as my patience for what it's worth.

Last edited: