Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
So you trust everything on You tube without evaluating the people who make the videos?
I have watched this video and agree with the contents. I also agree with a lot of his opinions in other videos. That does not mean I agree with everything he says.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Lol. Leave pro Israel - how many pro Palestine journalists in Gaza? It is such big hassle for residents to come and go to their own homes, you can imagine how difficult it is for outsiders.

AF Presse? That Media agency that kept quiet about sharing the Hamas HQ and then complained when it got targeted?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Now for an actual, factual history of the State of Palestine.

Once upon a time, it never existed, not even for one second.

The British occupation started in 1917, a few months after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and the British Mandate of Palestine started in 1920.

A few dates seem to be in order for those claiming the Jews started ‘occupying’ Palestine at the time of the British Mandate.

Tel Aviv, founded in 1909, during the Ottoman rule (which has been going on for 400 years).

Kfar Saba, founded in 1903, during the Ottoman rule.

Petah Tikva, founded in 1878, during the Ottoman rule.

Meah Shearim, the Jewish orthodox neighborhood of Jerusalem, founded in 1874, during the Ottoman rule.

Hadera, founded in 1891, during the Ottoman rule.

Ness Tziona, founded in 1883, during the Ottoman rule.

Rishon LeTzion, founded in 1882, during the Ottoman rule.

Rehovot, founded in 1890, during the Ottoman rule.

Many Jewish towns were created before 1948, during the time of the British mandate towns such as:

Bat Yam (1926), Bnei Brak (1924), Giv’at Shmuel (1944), Givatayim (1922), Herzliya (1924), Holon (1935), Kfar Yona (1932), Kiryat Ata (1925), Kiryat Bialik (1934), Kiryat Motzkin (1934), Kiryat Ono (1939), Kiryat Yam (1941), Nahariya (1935), Nesher (1923), Netanya (1929), Ra’anana (1922), Ramat Gan (1921), Ramat HaSharon (1923) and the list goes on.

Those towns were not Arab villages that were bulldozed by the IDF to replace the Muslim population with Jews (remember, before 1948, IDF didn’t exist back then), but were created after a legal land purchase by the Jews living by the hundreds of thousands in the region, before 1948.

With names such as Ness Tziona (the miracle of Zion), Rishon LeTzion (the first of Zion) or Herzliya (based on the name Herzl), it seems pretty certain Zionists created those towns.

You had Jews living in the Hebron region in what Israel bashers call the ‘occupied west-bank’.

in 1929, 62 Jews were murdered in Hebron by an angry Arab mob led by Nazi sympathizer Amin El-Husseini, who travelled to Berlin in 1941 and personally urged Hitler to implement a ‘final solution’ so those pesky Jews wouldn’t overwhelm the Middle East.

When did the fabled Palestinian state exist?

The one Israel bashers claim we invaded and chased the ‘native population’ just like in the American continent?

A substantial reward is promised to anyone able to provide me with this crucial information.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Nobody ever claimed (certainly not me) in these threads that 'Hamas has got a clean record'. Nor did I infer/claim the moral high ground on their side.

Oh I see, lies by omission again. Favourite tactic of the left. Why haven't you ever mentioned Palestinian wrongs to balance the Israeli wrongs whenever you lambast Israel?

Cray

Honorary Master
Oh I see, lies by omission again. Favourite tactic of the left. Why haven't you ever mentioned Palestinian wrongs to balance the Israeli wrongs whenever you lambast Israel?
Care to quote where you have criticized Isreal in this thread?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Errr I don't know? Wait, let me go check quickly. What kind of absurd question is this?

Side stepping, deflection and obfuscation as expected:

Tawriya;
Deceit by ambiguity - Doublespeak, refusing to give straight answers, exploiting conflicts of definition etc.

Kitman;
Deceit by omission - withholding key information.

Just answer if there are any pro Israel reporters allowed in Gaza and why no freedom of movement for them is guaranteed by Hamas?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Palestine comes from no known root in Arabic, it has absolutely no Arabic meaning or origin. Even in its Arabic form, philastin, it’s just pronouncing with an Arabic intonation a word which came from another language.

That language happens to be Latin and the name Arabs took their Arabized form from is Palestina.

After the Jewish-Roman war of 66-73 (yes, Jews, not Arab Muslims), the Romans thought they were done with the ‘Jewish problem’ until a new rebellion started in 132 and ended in 135 with the complete destruction of the Jewish resistance at the hands of Emperor Hadrian.

He understood that as long as Jews would long for their homeland, they would be trouble for the Roman Empire and the way to cut the bond between the Jews and their land was by changing its name and the name of the towns that held a deep meaning for Jews.

He renamed Judea and Galilee: Syria-Palestina and renamed Jerusalem: Aelia Capitolina.

He did not choose the name Palestina at random.

He knew that until the time of King David, the Children of Israel main enemies were the Philistines, a group of white European seafarers who came from the Aegean Sea (probably the island of Crete).

They formed on the south western shore of Israel a narrow strip of land (sound familiar?) which contained 5 city states: Rafah, Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod and Gath.

The Hebrews called them Phelishtim (hence the Anglicized Philistines) from the Hebrew root PH L SH which forms the verb Liphlosh or to invade.

Basically, Phelishtim (philistines) means invaders.

So, this is the name that Emperor Hadrian chose, knowing full well the deep animosity and hatred there had been in the past between the Jews and the Philistines.

Palestine is therefore a name used by anyone who whishes to erase the Jewish history and culture of this land.

It is an act of anti-semitism.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
After the fall of the western Roman Empire, Palestine (the region) came under the control of the Christian Byzantine Empire.

In the 7th century, the Arabs came out of the Arab peninsula and invaded the rest of the Middle East, in places that until then had no Arab population like Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Egypt, North Africa, Italy, Spain and France.

The region of Palestine was under the control of various Caliphates until it was briefly under the crusader’s control and Caliphates again until the 16th century where it came under Ottoman control until 1917.

All the time the region of Palestine was under Muslim control, not ONCE did they tried to create a Palestinian State with Jerusalem as its capital, NOT ONCE.

After the end of the 1948-49 war, the Jewish State of Israel was de facto what was under Jewish control and what was not was Muslim.

Judea-Samaria was occupied by Jordan and the Gaza Strip by Egypt.

From 1948 to 1967, why didn’t the so-called Palestinians create a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as capital?

It was under Muslim control the whole time.

In my short historical recap. One fact is clearly flagrant.

AT NO POINT WAS THERE EVER A PALESTINIAN STATE, like ever.

Don’t get fooled by fairytales of the evil Zionists stealing the land of the Palestinians, we stole nothing and we came home to take back what was always ours.

Grant

Honorary Master
Lol. Leave pro Israel - how many pro Palestine journalists in Gaza? It is such big hassle for residents to come and go to their own homes, you can imagine how difficult it is for outsiders.

Edut: again with the could and woulds. Can we deal with with facts and not assumptions?
How about a video instead instead continually sidestepping and dancing about - just 1 Pro Israel video from Gaza