Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

Cray

Honorary Master
You can't just let anyone back in - some want to return to their land peacefully whilst others are hell bent on the destruction of Israel.
Who do you trust?
People are innocent until proven guilty, Israel trusts Jewish people to return even though they haven't been near the middle east in generations but won't allow the return of people whose parents where born there because they might be terrorists?

Is that sort of moral judgement based on race defensible in your mind?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Does any of that matter to the refugees who can't return to the land of their birth because Israel says no?

And the same Israeli government allows anyone of Jewish ancestry to move Israel but not Palestinians who where born or there, are people wonder why they describe Israel as an apartheid state?

I'll bet modern day Americans tell themselves similar lies when they try justify dispossessing Native Americans of their territory.

Modern Americans are trying to dispossess Native Americans of their territory? I thought they owned territory that is so sacrosanct it is beyond US law? Now you tell me someone is trying to take it? Any sources for that?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
People are innocent until proven guilty, Israel trusts Jewish people to return even though they haven't been near the middle east in generations but won't allow the return of people whose parents where born there because they might be terrorists?

Going to Israel for a Jew is not automatic residency. I know of people that have been trying to help a Jew emigrate to Israel for years. The Israeli government requires the same as any other country does for immigration by Jews.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Going to Israel for a Jew is not automatic residency. I know of people that have been trying to help a Jew emigrate to Israel for years. The Israeli government requires the same as any other country does for immigration by Jews.

No, just need to prove you Jewish and you granted citizenship under the law of return.

azbob

Honorary Master

Aliyah disagrees with you.

FrankCastle

Executive Member

Who said they committed any crime, but they do pose a possible threat.
Remember how Hamas caught the Israelis napping during the Intifadas?
They won't make the same mistake.

You haven't answered my question - who should be allowed to return and where should they come back to?

sand_man

Honorary Master
A Jewish mate of mine got divorced and retrenched all within the last 2 years. He mailed his cv out to probably close on 40 companies and got 2 replies but not a single interview.

Decided f uck this, I'm going to live in Israel. Within 3 months he had a passport and was boarding an El AL flight to Israel. He was quarantined in a hotel for 2 weeks all expenses paid and given an allowance for the next 6 months. He has 6 months to basically find a graft and get on his feet. He's already had 3 or 4 interviews but no employment as yet.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Has he got a criminal record? Maybe he's related to Cray and is regarded as a risk to national security?

No idea. He's so disliked the entire town has been trying to help him emigrate to Israel. Disliked for his persona, not for being Jewish.

Cray

Honorary Master
Who said they committed any crime, but they do pose a possible threat.
Remember how Hamas caught the Israelis napping during the Intifadas?
They won't make the same mistake.

You haven't answered my question - who should be allowed to return and where should they come back to?
They should be allowed free movement within Israel, free to buy their own property and settle where they wish.

Cray

Honorary Master
That's kind of how a Jewish homeland works.
Just so long as you realize the implicit racism involved, especially when creating it involved expelling a whole lot of non-Jewish people.

Cray

Honorary Master
Not automatic no, they can be denied for various reasons but they have a route to residency that is denied to Palestinians.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not automatic no, they can be denied for various reasons but they have a route to residency that is denied to Palestinians.
For very good reason. Israel is seen as a Jewish homeland and have nothing to do with Palestinians. Just like you and I cannot be citizens of most countries.

And the obviously elephant in the room that the Palestinians associate with terrorists.

Cray

Honorary Master
For very good reason. Israel is seen as a Jewish homeland and have nothing to do with Palestinians. Just like you and I cannot be citizens of most countries.

And the obviously elephant in the room that the Palestinians associate with terrorists.
Not all Palestinians, If Israel offered a path to residency for Palestinians and excluded those with known terrorist links I would have zero issues with it.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not all Palestinians, If Israel offered a path to residency for Palestinians and excluded those with known terrorist links I would have zero issues with it.
I don't even know what you are on about. Many Palestinians do have residency in Israel. How did that happen if no path exists?

Cray

Honorary Master
I don't even know what you are on about. Many Palestinians do have residency in Israel. How did that happen if no path exists?
Am talking about Palestinian refugees in the West Bank and Gaza, they have no right to apply for residency within Israel.