Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Just so long as you realize the implicit racism involved, especially when creating it involved expelling a whole lot of non-Jewish people.

900,000 Jews were kicked out of Arab countries forcibly last century and have no right of return.

Palestinians on the other hand left Israel for a short time while waiting for it to be destroyed by invading armies, before planning to return and claim the whole country for themselves.

Grant

Honorary Master
Not all Palestinians, If Israel offered a path to residency for Palestinians and excluded those with known terrorist links I would have zero issues with it.
Would you offer a path of residency to people who support the the genocide of your people and the destruction of your state?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Just so long as you realize the implicit racism involved, especially when creating it involved expelling a whole lot of non-Jewish people.
21% of Israel's population is non-Jewish. There more opportunities for Arab Israeli's living in Israel 2021 than there are for middle aged white males living in the 27 year young "democracy" that is South Africa. Think about that for a second...

Israel is the most demographically diverse country in the Middle East. The only racism practiced in the Middle East is by her neighours. How many Jews living outside of Israel in the Middle East?

Here, let me help you, apologies in advance for the source....

Last edited:

Cray

Honorary Master
Would you offer a path of residency to people who support the the genocide of your people and the destruction of your state?
Did you miss the part where I clearly said that I had no issue with excluding people with terrorist links? If the applicants pledged to live in Israel peacefully and have no criminal record then what is the issue? Or do you regard every Palestinian as genocidal?

Grant

Honorary Master
Did you miss the part where I clearly said that I had no issue with excluding people with terrorist links? If the applicants pledged to live in Israel peacefully and have no criminal record then what is the issue? Or do you regard every Palestinian as genocidal?
What you may or may not take issue with is irrelevant

Cray

Honorary Master
21% of Israel's population is non-Jewish. There more opportunities for Arab Israeli's living in Israel 2021 than there are for middle aged white males living in the 27 year young "democracy" that is South Africa. Think about that for a second...
I have zero issue with the treatment of Arabs living within Israel, and they are treated pretty well, it's all the refugees that were expelled and forced to live in an occupied territory that are the problem..

Are you suggesting that because Israel treats some Arabs within Israel well that they should get a free pass for marginalising all the others in Gaza and the West Bank?

Cray

Honorary Master
What you may or may not take issue with is irrelevant
Then why bother replying to me in the first place if you don't want my opinion? Unless you are just out to win some internet points with a gotcha comment? All good if that is true but at least I will know not to waste too much time bothering to reply to you in good faith.

FrankCastle

Executive Member

Israel is the most demographically diverse country in the Middle East. The only racism practiced in the Middle East is by her neighours. How many Jews living outside of Israel in the Middle East?

Here, let me help you, apologies in advance for the source....

And yet we keep hearing about "ethnic cleansing"

sand_man

Honorary Master
I have zero issue with the treatment of Arabs living within Israel, and they are treated pretty well, it's all the refugees that were expelled and forced to live in an occupied territory that are the problem..

Are you suggesting that because Israel treats some Arabs within Israel well that they should get a free pass for marginalising all the others in Gaza and the West Bank?
The fundamental point is there was and is the opportunity for Arabs and Israeli's to co-exist side by side (the large Arab/Israeli population is evidence of this) but there is no compromise when it comes to issues of national security.

Israel doesn't get a free pass though do they? Every move they make is scrutinized to the nth degree and they held to incredibly high standards re rules of engagement. They get lambasted at every UN sitting and account for the vast majority of UN resolutions and condemnations passed.

Cray

Honorary Master
The fundamental point is there was and is the opportunity for Arabs and Israeli's to co-exist side by side (the large Arab/Israeli population is evidence of this) but there is no compromise when it comes to issues of national security.
I agree, there shouldn't be, but I also think a blanket policy of "All Palestinians are genocidal terrorists" isn't right either. Other countries do background checks for immigrants, but Israel excludes an entire population with a blanket ban because of fears that they all could be terrorists?

Israel doesn't get a free pass though do they? Every move they make is scrutinized to the nth degree and they held to incredibly high standards re rules of engagement. They get lambasted at every UN sitting and account for the vast majority of UN resolutions and condemnations passed.
And how much notice do they actually take when big daddy US is there to Veto anything that could actually result in any sanction against Israel?