Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

Suspect99

Executive Member
I keep asking our muslim friends here what is an acceptable solution and I hear crickets - not even a 2 state solution, or going back to 1948 borders - nothing.
Silence means complete destruction/ Jewish exodus to where they came from but they can't/won't say it.

It's actually a worse position than what Israel currently does.
I answered. You even replied to me IIRC.
Why are you claiming there's only silence now?

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Screw Hamas missile's , the power of social media , proven on this very thread

e3bdf59fad12d51a5a8639d2eada5955.jpg
Don't think Israel fears anything - even the truth.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Israel's incursion and building of settlements is not to ethnically cleanse as many are wrongly informed into believing.
Their strategy is based on suppressive fire. It's the only way to remove the thought that Israel will be destroyed and a land of Palestine be established in it's place.

Oldfut

I see that that, back in SA, the main peanuts from the Anglican church and the Jewish top man are having a slanging match. Three cornered religious scrap?

maq_

Israel's incursion and building of settlements is not to ethnically cleanse as many are wrongly informed into believing.
Their strategy is based on suppressive fire. It's the only way to remove the thought that Israel will be destroyed and a land of Palestine be established in it's place.

These are stories from actual Israeli soldiers... maybe you should have a read to educate yourself

Grant

Honorary Master

These are stories from actual Israeli soldiers... maybe you should have a read to educate yourself
Would Hamas fighters dare to do the same, or would they face execution for speaking out?

maq_

Would Hamas fighters dare to do the same, or would they face execution for speaking out?
You asking a hypothetical question to try and derail from the fact that there are Israeli soldiers who are speaking out about the atrocities that they have committed.

Why not just admit that Israeli are committing serious human rights offences and taking away the dignity and rights from fellow human beings...

Cray

Honorary Master
Why don't you guys ever contrast the behaviour of the IDF to other armed forces throughout the world? If you have to compare the IDF to Hamas in order to justify their dodgy behaviour, that in itself is a problem for a country that touts itself as an enlightened, Western democracy.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Why don't you guys ever contrast the behaviour of the IDF to other armed forces throughout the world? If you have to compare the IDF to Hamas in order to justify their dodgy behaviour, that in itself is a problem for a country that touts itself as an enlightened, Western democracy.
What the hell would be the point of comparing the IDF with anyone other than their direct enemies? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Cray

Honorary Master
What the hell would be the point of comparing the IDF with anyone other than their direct enemies? This makes no sense whatsoever.
So you are saying that because Hamas are terrorists it's okay for IDF to behave worse than if they were fighting a regular army.... ?

So we can just drop the pretense that Israel is a civilized country because their army is free to act like monsters if they happen to be fighting monsters?

So much for the moral high ground.. :rolleyes:

rambo919

Honorary Master
So you are saying that because Hamas are terrorists it's okay for IDF to behave worse than if they were fighting a regular army.... ?

So we can just drop the pretense that Israel is a civilized country because their army is free to act like monsters if they happen to be fighting monsters?

So much for the moral high ground.. :rolleyes:
No I am saying that other armies do not face the same conditions..... they have many luxuries the IDF does not.

If you are going to compare it must be apples to apples.

Whether or not the IDF misbehaves has nothing to do with it.

Ironically I am actually very critical of Israel in general but I make an effort to be more fair than emotional about it.

Cray

Honorary Master
No I am saying that other armies do not face the same conditions..... they have many luxuries the IDF does not.
Do you have any idea how much aid the US gives Israel in terms of military spending, I would suggest they are doing pretty well in terms of funding.

It has everything to do with it.... Every time someone tries to criticize anything the IDF does, it's met by the standard counterpoint... "But Hamas....". Hamas are holes, we all know this, it doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to level criticism at the IDF and that they cannot do better than they have been doing...

rambo919

Honorary Master
Do you have any idea how much aid the US gives Israel in terms of military spending, I would suggest they are doing pretty well in terms of funding.
This has nothing to do with the luxuries of fighting outside your borders or being safe from random surprise attack.

It has everything to do with it.... Every time someone tries to criticize anything the IDF does, it's met by the standard counterpoint... "But Hamas....". Hamas are holes, we all know this, it doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to level criticism at the IDF and that they cannot do better than they have been doing...
Then compare the IDF to another army in similar circumstances, no one is stopping you.

Caliph

Ironically I am actually very critical of Israel in general but I make an effort to be more fair than emotional about it.
@Grant

If you'd opened the website and read the testimonies on there you'd know that most of the atrocities are committed against civilians. IDF vs civilians. Why bring Hamas in?

rambo919

Honorary Master
@Grant

If you'd opened the website and read the testimonies on there you'd know that most of the atrocities are committed against civilians. IDF vs civilians. Why bring Hamas in?
Because the atrocities, real or imagined, of Hamas are worse?

The IDF in many cases are forced to increase collateral damage because of how bad Hamas is. This is real life not a playground where the teacher can stop the fight.

Cray

Honorary Master
This has nothing to do with the luxuries of fighting outside your borders or being safe from random surprise attack.

Last I checked the West Bank and Gaza were outside the borders of Israel.

Then compare the IDF to another army in similar circumstances, no one is stopping you.
Yeah, soon as you can point out another country that has occupied and constrained another territory for 70 years let me know....

rambo919

Honorary Master
Last I checked the West Bank and Gaza were outside the borders of Israel.
And yet most of the fighting does not stay there..... because their rockets just won't put.

Yeah, soon as you can point out another country that has occupied and constrained another territory for 70 years let me know....
:ROFL:

Hamas keeps starting the fights.... If Israel had been allowed to wipe them out there would be no occupation today.... there would be no need to occupy anything.