Tricky situation

flippakitten

Expert Member
Lol during a pandemic. That'll be very easy...

Doesn't mean you can't start looking.

I would be very worried if my employer acted like that. He'd probably fire you if you got covid from him, gave it to your mother that lived with you and then needed extended time to recover and mourn.

bridgeburner

Yeah as others have mentioned.. I'd call the Dept of Labour or the CCMA. Prob can be construed as a contravention of Occupational Health and Safety Act (I'm not a lawyer). And get your LinkedIn profile/CV up to date...

JSparrow

We have received an e-mail from our Head Office this morning where we have been warned to stay at home if we have been exposed to Covid or tested positive. They have also attached the below:

COVID Admission of Guilt.jpg

noxibox

Honorary Master
I thought the general protocol was that if you have good reason to believe you've been exposed then you isolate yourself for a period.

Be a bit dubious arguing intentionally exposing others if someone doesn't know whether they're infected.

Any members on the NCCC been fined for misleading statements?

Is he the owner of the company? If so, there are channels to use to report him.. Call Bheki Cele even..
If not, report him to HR or whoever he reports to.
I doubt Cele or any of the police are going to have time with all their important beach duties.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Yeah I friend of mine had the same thing in a small office. A few weeks later two people from that office died.
Its too late when the infections are all done, sorry doesnt work at that point.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Didnt you guys say the mask is not for your protection but for others around you.

So if he wears a mask he should get the MyBBer "scientist" sticker of safe award

Reduces the chance of transmission. It will of course also depend on other factors, like ventilation etc.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
If the boss-dude infects someone in his workplace and that person is gets seriously sick with the virus, the clown will be on a hiding to nothing. Even if the person does not die from it, plenty of good, healthy folk have long term health problems following their illness. Does this imbecile have exceptionally deep pockets to fund a liability suit if something goes wrong?

mak2000

Expert Member
A person is most infectious about 3-5 days before the symptoms show up. Persons working in the office would be at a high risk of contracting COVID even if the guy does not show any symptoms yet.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Now you've gone and make me feel bad.
Why do you think wearing a mask in your car is a good idea, even if your wife and kids get into the car?
Thats just it. I dont.

All we hear is mask this, mask that. But when pointing out stuff where people over react and you use their own sentences against them the argument dies an instant death.

If people fear a person who might have Covid wearing a mask (Protection for others) then those fearing people should be wearing Hazmat suits. But oh no thats overreacting.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Thats just it. I dont.

All we hear is mask this, mask that. But when pointing out stuff where people over react and you use their own sentences against them the argument dies an instant death.

If people fear a person who might have Covid wearing a mask (Protection for others) then those fearing people should be wearing Hazmat suits. But oh no thats overreacting.

It is overreacting.
Should EVERYONE he comes in contact with wear a hazmat suit, or should he just work from home?
It is a pretty easy decision. In this case, he also didn't just come into contact with someone once. He lives with them.

A mask doesn't trap the virus. It prevents it from traveling as far, and catches larger droplets. It's fine for when you don't know if you have it, but if you have a very good chance of being infected I (and many others) don't think it's good enough. Not when we are in the situation we are currently in.