"Trojan horse cells kill cancer"

killadoob

Honorary Master
this is a very simple challange. something that the Chinese one-child policy has very effectively and rewarding solved.

This will also lead to a much more educated population, and what that will bring is more concern for problem solving and conserving nature, a certain plus.

Really i think 1.3 odd billion may disagree :D

killadoob

Honorary Master
I would also agree with that if i could barely move when walking to walk work because there are 1.3 billion people hahaha.

A little too late i reckon, they exploded and all they can do now is slow the climb to 2 billion :D

JHatman

Banned
but WHY does it 'seem impossible'? is there an actual legitimate reason for saying so? didn't landing on the moon, not even mentioning putting a man there seem impossible, only a very short while ago?

i think that it's to great above what people are used to, but that does not mean, even in the slightest, that it can't be done.

It can, and if society keeps well, it WILL. likely and hopefully in our own very lifetimes.

100 years ago if you talked about walking on the moon you'd probably have been labelled a nutcase. "Get with the times people" I say, life moves on and things change.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
I am not convinced in all honesty, i can understand fighting diseases but reversing aging seems impossible.

If they do it won't be in our life-time i think.

There was an article posted in the science section a while back about stem cell research and how doctors will be able to replace old cells with new ones or at least prolong the aging process.

All this is possible within the next 40years according to the article.

Sensorei

Executive Member
say you recieve a kidney transplant from a 16 year old younger guy who say went bunji jumping and things did not go as he planned. that kidney you have will still be 15 years old and it will be fresher than the rest of your organs. this is replacing nature with nature itself. and this is what we plan to do.

either with brain-transplants(imo the utmost effective sollution to all health challanges and much more ie instandt cure to any disease), or through simply telling the old cells to not rejuvante, or to grow new fresher cells to repace the old ones.

we aren't going to rebuild and refresh everycell individually, we are going to go through a much simpler process of simply messaging or altering a few cells or perhaps growing new cells same as we turn stemcells into nearly any cell today.

This is rediculous. First of all when you get a kidney transplant from a 15 year old its not the same as having a 'fresh, young' kidney. Your life expectancy is still very low compared to the average person. On average people live 15 years after a transplant. I know 2 people who had kidney transplants, and one has died. With brain transplants the problem is that your brain can not replace the brain cells that die. There is no technology that can reverse this yet and no sign of it.

Lydon

Expert Member
When a medication irradicates cancer from the human body, it means that body is cured of the cancer it had. Exactly what this thread is about. What part of this thread's title is misleading?

Maybe the fact that is hasn't been used in humans yet and only mice? :confused:

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yea we may be able to slow aging down but we cannot reverse aging.

We are born to die and i cannot see how that will ever change.

Mila

Honorary Master
I heard that they are starting human trials on a vaccine for cholesterol can i start a thread?

InSanity

Supre Grnadmastre
I think the thread title is fine maybe a bit of the gun jumped as it hasnt been tried on humans. So maybe a thread like "Possible cure for cancer found" would have been better, but in general i find this interesting thanks Blix

Pitbull

Verboten
Cancer you are born with.

Either you get it or you don't. But having something to kill off the cancer cells would be awesome. I wish their testing all the best :)

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
"Possible cure for cancer found" would have been better

I was going to say that, but thought that it wouldn't pull as many responses. Haha.

It is still a cure for cancer... in mice.

And Mila. The cure for cholesterol is regular exercise and less eating like a pig.

Devill

Damned
Irresponsible thread title

+1

When a medication irradicates cancer from the human body, it means that body is cured of the cancer it had. Exactly what this thread is about. What part of this thread's title is misleading?

Has it been proven to be safe and effective for use against all forms of cancer including brain/bonemarrow/lung/ kidney etc etc cancers?

People. Seriously. This is a treatment that destroys only cancer cells! Thus, it's a cure for cancer! That's exactly what it is! This is absolutely great news! Soon people can be cured of cancer, yet they won't have to suffer the painful consequences of chemo that fscks up all the rest of their body. Nothing misleading.

I will rather wait and see how this treatment does over the next couple of years.

I how you are right.

Gambit317z

This isn't a cure yet... still needs a lot of testing... the title was irresponsible in that I cannot taking my dying friends who have cancer and get them cured tomorrow... I got really excited when I saw the title, thought about the 3 friends that I'm going to have more time with...... but is probably not going to materialize for them (if for anyone, still a lot of testing to do) given that they are all advanced cases... This is just like the cure for Aids that was found, it would cure Aids but was so toxic to the patient that they ended up dying anyways...

On the other side of things, I'm sure this technology can and would be modified to attack healthy cells as well...