• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Truck carrying liquor worth over R1-million hijacked in Nelson Mandela Bay

schumi

Honorary Master
.A truck transporting liquor worth more than R1-million was hijacked outside the Showground Liquor Store in Sydenham in Nelson Mandela Bay on Thursday morning.

The truck was parked outside the Old Uitenhage Road store preparing to off-load when it was hijacked by three men shortly before 8am.

The truck was loaded with several pallets of expensive alcohol‚ including high-end whiskey and bourbons‚ valued at about R1.2-million.

Over the past two weeks‚ more than 10 delivery trucks – carrying an assortment of stock – have been hijacked in the Bay in separate incidents.
More at : https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...ver-r1-million-hijacked-in-nelson-mandela-bay

10 trucks hijacked in 14 days in the same area? Certainly is news. Obviously there's some insider info on routes/delivery times which is being used for the targeting.
Not in the same area but scattered around PE. And I can tell you that it is more than ten!

UrBaN963

Executive Member
Not in the same area but scattered around PE. And I can tell you that it is more than ten!
I just went off what the article stated. But if it’s more than that then it surely must be organized, some form of syndicate.

neilronaldson

10 trucks hijacked in 14 days in the same area? Certainly is news. Obviously there's some insider info on routes/delivery times which is being used for the targeting.
of course these guys getting a pittance of a salary are obviously going to do what they can to get a cut of the deal....inside job.