Truck carrying more than 100 corpses stopped on N2 near Somerset West

rvZA

Executive Member
A truck carrying more than 100 bodies was stopped on the N2 near Somerset West on Saturday afternoon.

Police spokesperson Colonel Andre Traut confirmed police officers were currently on the scene to investigate the incident.

"We are probing the circumstances under which the corpses were being transported," Traut said.

According to information, traffic officials stopped and searched the truck at the N2 weigh bridge near Somerset Mall and found 106 bodies, believed to be Covid-19 victims, inside.

rvZA

Executive Member
No respect for the dead.... Wonder if they were all Eastern Cape emigrants?

D tj

Expert Member
Of corpse,Muriel there I was lying quietly in the back of a truck and this cop wants to know my weight and age, boy am I going to stink up a kick.

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Just enough information to start a clickbait thread. Not enough to actually make any sense of the story. Rush to publish is contrary to good journalism.
It looks to me like it's bulk transportation of cadavers. Question is...how long is it going to take to verify 106 permits? What sort of truck? What are guidelines with regards to long distance transportation of cadavers, especially those which perished as a result of Covid?

Grant

Honorary Master
If you're dead you're dead. Burn the body up and take care of whoever's left behind.
In theory.
Then again bodies can be disposed of down unused mineshafts - then you would have those who insist on bodies being burnt on a funeral pyre objecting next.

Grant

Honorary Master
It looks to me like it's bulk transportation of cadavers. Question is...how long is it going to take to verify 106 permits? What sort of truck? What are guidelines with regards to long distance transportation of cadavers, especially those which perished as a result of Covid?
To me the question is, why?
Are the cremation facilities around Cape Town at capacity, or broken?

Why are we exporting dead bodies?